Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Christmas weekend LES event

Brian D

8 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Blizzard warning extended from 7 pm this evening until 1 am.  Wouldn't be surprised to see another 6 inches.

I am buried.  Uncle.

post-41-0-76654100-1453054719.jpg.869075ad49223d8f6b3b00776760f97c.jpg

I'm staying in a vrbo near L'anse Feb 16-20. Can't wait! 

An additional mood dusting today but the LES is just dust here. At least it's a White Christmas!

3 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Blizzard warning extended from 7 pm this evening until 1 am.  Wouldn't be surprised to see another 6 inches.

I am buried.  Uncle.

post-41-0-76654100-1453054719.jpg.869075ad49223d8f6b3b00776760f97c.jpg

Well this is a first. Never heard an uncle from you about snow before. I guess even weenies have limits. That is good to hear.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

Managed to find a list of co-op snowfall reports, the highest I spotted in MI was at a place called Mancelona which is a few miles northeast of TVC, and they report 26 inches with a base of 24" ... GRR had reported a total of about 17 inches 22nd-24th so far. 

A bit NE of Mancelona:

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GAYLORD MI
1218 PM EST SAT DEC 24 2022

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

1216 PM     HEAVY SNOW       6 NW GAYLORD            45.09N 84.76W
12/24/2022  M27.0 INCH       OTSEGO             MI   PUBLIC

STORM TOTAL FROM SNOW ONSET THURSDAY NIGHT
            THROUGH 12:15PM SATURDAY.
  • Thanks 1

Odd that I am posting here, but I woke to 1" of fresh LES on Christmas morning. Headed to my sister's place in Birch Run early and it was still snowing. Nobody on the roads. Hit some heavier stuff near Brighton and x-way was covered. Everything white. Was almost Courier and Ives gorgeous. Thought I was in NMI for a moment. Not a Big Dog, but certainly a unique dog. Drifts in the farmlands were 2-6 foot. Great day despite the icy-dicey roads. 

13 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

Odd that I am posting here, but I woke to 1" of fresh LES on Christmas morning. Headed to my sister's place in Birch Run early and it was still snowing. Nobody on the roads. Hit some heavier stuff near Brighton and x-way was covered. Everything white. Was almost Courier and Ives gorgeous. Thought I was in NMI for a moment. Not a Big Dog, but certainly a unique dog. Drifts in the farmlands were 2-6 foot. Great day despite the icy-dicey roads. 

I was hoping that band would sink to the 94 corridor but was shocked to wake up to 2 fresh inches here. It was an even blanket covering the other drifty snow, it really was a Courier and Ives White Christmas. 3rd time in 6 years we wake up to fresh white Christmas morning.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

I was hoping that band would sink to the 94 corridor but was shocked to wake up to 2 fresh inches here. It was an even blanket covering the other drifty snow, it really was a Courier and Ives White Christmas. 3rd time in 6 years we wake up to fresh white Christmas morning.

I wrote an inch, but I think it was more on the order of 1.5" and another 1/2" was in my footprints when I got back in town. 

• Like 1