• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

1 hour ago, GrandmasterB said:

My extremely low bar of 1” looking like it won’t happen around my area. Just a crazy poor winter!

yeah....I smell rats.....lots and lots of rats.

Still time for a second half comeback, but man Mo nature needs on hell uv a pep talk.

and my distaste for the weekend is still LSV centric....not for the true central/northers.  I really came into this weekend deal a bit skeptical and thinking its a bit early for us down here. Looks like that concern may verify.

Yall enjoy every friggin flake.  With some luck you get snow on snow in the next couple weeks.

7 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

yeah....I smell rats.....lots and lots of rats.

Still time for a second half comeback, but man Mo nature needs on hell uv a pep talk.

Thank you for all of your input / comments this week.  I enjoy hearing about teleconnections and the indexes.  So, when you aren't out frolicking in the snow, feel free to drop in and give us your thoughts!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

You got the WS-5000 station right?

No, I'm just talking about my trusty manual cylinder gauge; the one used by all the Cocorahs folks.  I do have a very nice weather station (not even sure of the make/model) that my wife's father got me years ago that I need to set up as well, but man, it's just been tough finding time to do anything with moving into a new house and having a baby and a toddler.  One of these days.....

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Today, Lancaster (MU) will tie the all-time record for the latest measurable snowfall in any season. Records go back to 1926, and the previous latest snowfall was January 21, 2007. 

Tomorrow, new history for the books in Lanco!

Yay us! 

Edit: The existing record for Lanco is 1/21/2007. so tomorrow we'll tie the record. 

Funny you bring this up, as I've been working on a detailed study of MU's entire POR snowfall data for quite some time.  I pretty much have it all wrapped up and will post the results sometime soon, thinking Monday or Tuesday.  I think you guys will enjoy it.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Funny you bring this up, as I've been working on a detailed study of MU's entire POR snowfall data for quite some time.  I pretty much have it all wrapped up and will post the results sometime soon, thinking Monday or Tuesday.  I think you guys will enjoy it.

I can't wait. Thanks in advance for doing it. 

God I love data...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Thank you for all of your input / comments this week.  I enjoy hearing about teleconnections and the indexes.  So, when you aren't out frolicking in the snow, feel free to drop in and give us your thoughts!

Thanks man.  I'm glad someone appreciates my input.  

I peeked mid week, and put a snippet out about concerns that we are looking at a window of opp and maybe not a prolonged period of favorable, but one thing w/ the tellies is that they too change weekly, and while this weeks concern for a closing window as we turn the calendar may look a bit better/worse next week.  Hoping that as the window opens and cold gets a bit better established, that we can hold it here in the east for a spell.  For now, i'm going to enjoy what is coming for the next week and hope that you/others get some love from above while things look more favorable for our region.  Like I also stated earlier...even if we still lose, we'll be doing it a little different way (Pac reshuffle to more pronounce ridging).  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Dont look, but beyond mid next week.....

the pattern looks decent.  I know...doesnt it always?

Gut says this SHOULD be legit period of fun.

Happy almost weekend to all.

1 minute ago, paweather said:

I agree I looked as well. It will change for sure. Happy Weekend!

That certainly seems like our best chance for those us down this way. Have a pretty decent feeling about it. 

• Like 1

FWIW - MU's Elliott seems to think that Wednesday has a decent chance of bringing Lanco it's first snow of the season:

There won't be any snow at @millersvilleu through Sat. night, so the record for latest measurable snow in a #winter season (Jan. 21, 2007) will be broken! There's an outside chance (~15%) for measurable snow at the 'Ville Sun. PM, but the better chance comes late Tues. night/Wed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

FWIW - MU's Elliott seems to think that Wednesday has a decent chance of bringing Lanco it's first snow of the season:

There won't be any snow at @millersvilleu through Sat. night, so the record for latest measurable snow in a #winter season (Jan. 21, 2007) will be broken! There's an outside chance (~15%) for measurable snow at the 'Ville Sun. PM, but the better chance comes late Tues. night/Wed.

The Euro is rolling....let's see if it goes MU's way. 

• Like 1