• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

15 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I had 20 inches more than you did. According to my station, I had 59.70" in 2022.

in 2021 I had if i remember we had 55 inches including over 10 in in July from thunderstorms that dumped over an inch each time they passed thru. It seem like we got every thunderstorm in that July. And to make matters worse my son had a contractor dozing on a hill loose ground on a hill with no vegetation is a recipe for disaster. I ended up with the ground in my lane, that I had to get the tractor out and scoop the mud off the road. Then my son put up a silt fence after the damage was done. Now theres grass there and so no runoff now.

14 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Happy New Year to all. Looks like MDT ended up 1.6 BN for the month and .6 AN for the year. Precip was about average. My last official measurement was 1.43” for the slop storm right before Xmas. Yes, I know I’m a bit late on this haha. Was not able to get a measurement for yesterday’s rain since I don’t have my gauge up at the new house yet and had to take it down from the old house, but it seems like we got about 1/3” from various reports I’ve seen. Struggling to find a good spot to mount my gauge at the new house, going to make that a priority for today. Cheers to all. 

Losing a whole degree from their BN departure a week ago was not expected.  Sorry Paweather.   Happy New Year. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

in 2021 I had if i remember we had 55 inches including over 10 in in July from thunderstorms that dumped over an inch each time they passed thru. It seem like we got every thunderstorm in that July. And to make matters worse my son had a contractor dozing on a hill loose ground on a hill with no vegetation is a recipe for disaster. I ended up with the ground in my lane, that I had to get the tractor out and scoop the mud off the road. Then my son put up a silt fence after the damage was done. Now theres grass there and so no runoff now.

I remember that. A couple of storms created lots of damage in the Berrysburg area, and the 225 corridor was very green and lush that summer.

1 minute ago, paweather said:

Yeah that’s a kick you gotta make feel bad for him though. 

Not only the kick but the two TD's given up in a matter of minutes.   I was flipping back and forth between Duran Duran/the ball drop and the game every 10 seconds as they both came down to happening seconds apart.  The kick was 20 seconds before the ball drop.  A bit surreal. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's up to 57 here, which is still a few degrees above the forecast high. Not sure we'll make it to 60...that's impressive.

It is 63 to be exact so maybe upper low 60's.  I am in Waynesboro.  It is 60 back at my house.   Zone was 54.   CXY 61.   Looking at Wundermap about 1/4 of the temps in Southern and Central Franklin, Adams and York are 60-63. 

29 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is 63 to be exact so maybe upper low 60's.  I am in Waynesboro.  It is 60 back at my house.   Zone was 54.   CXY 61.   Looking at Wundermap about 1/4 of the temps in Southern and Central Franklin, Adams and York are 60-63. 

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It feels so nice out, topless on NYD would not be too inappropriate. 

I was wrong again...60 here right now. 

If it's not going to snow, I'll take this weather every day. Glorious weather to walk along the river.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was wrong again...60 here right now. 

If it's not going to snow, I'll take this weather every day. Glorious weather to walk along the river.

I was just outside with the extendable pruner cutting down some low hanging branches....sweating.  Not promoting this weather either, just reporting ob's.   The zones and progs I saw were 5-10 too low today. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paweather said:

CTP saying a mix of rain and snow showers for late week can only hope this is the turn of weather events we need. Thank goodness didn’t go outside today lol

This was my way of thinking up until a couple of years ago. I got to the point where if it's not going to snow it might as well be enjoyable to be outside.

• Like 2