• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall GTG 12/10/22 1pm.

CoastalWx

• CoastalWx changed the title to Fall GTG 12/10/22 1pm.
3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You wonder if Scooter put it on his or will it be another last 2nd “Family emergency “

It depends if he ends up in the doghouse with his better half if there’s a big snow event in the first week of December. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It’s on the calendar. Hopefully we can track the 0C isotherm at 850 through Tolland.

How about one of those really cold early season events to track where there’s ocean enhancement and light easterly flow. Like 12/19-20/08 or something like that. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

How about one of those really cold early season events to track where there’s ocean enhancement and light easterly flow. Like 12/19-20/08 or something like that. 

Yeah that works. Dim sun in Tolland with the 1/4” of fluff melting while we plow out east. 

Yeah that works. Dim sun in Tolland with the 1/4” of fluff melting while we plow out east. 

Ha I remember that happening in the 12/19-20, 2007 OES/IVT event. He had like an inch and then started dripping at 34F when the sun came out while it snowed for another 8-12 hours out east with temps in the 20s. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ha I remember that happening in the 12/19-20, 2007 OES/IVT event. He had like an inch and then started dripping at 34F when the sun came out while it snowed for another 8-12 hours out east with temps in the 20s. 

I actually got briefly porked where I am as the CF came west in between here and Quincy.  I met a friend in Weymouth and it was raining here. Flipped back about an hour later. I was in Dorchester then and they got smoked.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, rare breed. ..probably helped that it was a two-pronged event.

It was almost 3-pronged….you had the classic SWFE (all snow version) portion on 12/19…everyone gets 6-10” from that. 

Then on 12/20, we had the CJ/IVT hanging back with those frigid temps. Some places on the coast picked up an extra 6-7” of fluff. Even back in ORH, I had 3” from that. 

Then on 12/21 we had the late blooming redeveloper….that’s where you jackpotted for SNE playing naked twister with the CF(and really close to coast flipped to rain) and you also getting a piece of the late-blooming deformation zone later that evening to give you an extra 3-4”. I remember you had like 12-13” in that 12/21 portion while I had around 8-9” in ORH. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It was almost 3-pronged….you had the classic SWFE (all snow version) portion on 12/19…everyone gets 6-10” from that. 

Then on 12/20, we had the CJ/IVT hanging back with those frigid temps. Some places on the coast picked up an extra 6-7” of fluff. Even back in ORH, I had 3” from that. 

Then on 12/21 we had the late blooming redeveloper….that’s where you jackpotted for SNE playing naked twister with the CF(and really close to coast flipped to rain) and you also getting a piece of the late-blooming deformation zone later that evening to give you an extra 3-4”. I remember you had like 12-13” in that 12/21 portion while I had around 8-9” in ORH. 

If course, we managed to torch in the few days before xmas...

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If course, we managed to torch in the few days before xmas...

Yep obviously. Lol. Still had a good pack on Xmas after the cutter on Xmas Eve but man, we were so close to currier and Ives perfection that year. 

Lmao I had the same thought and almost posted that image.

Didn’t he have like 6-7” from it?

Yes it was still a good event inland but we spent most of that storm watching messenger post about heavy bands down in that area. 

Ray made a comment about the storm being a little lame compared to a few of the meso model runs early that morning and messenger posts about how good it is down there and then Ray just goes off about cranberry bogs and nobody giving a crap about the 5 people who live there…LOL. Just classic. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yes it was still a good event inland but we spent most of that storm watching messenger post about heavy bands down in that area. 

Ray made a comment about the storm being a little lame compared to a few of the meso model runs early that morning and messenger posts about how good it is down there and then Ray just goes off about cranberry bogs and nobody giving a crap about the 5 people who live there…LOL. Just classic. 

LOL. That is classic Ray though. He gets 4” less and the US GOVT had to change nuclear security codes in response. I think Plympton had like 12” or something like that.