• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

More CTP thoughts on the Tuesday snow chance for some of us.

Short wave trof is forecast to round the base of the western
upper trof and trek across the srn border of the CONUS, pass
along the GOMEX coast and lift into the middle atlantic region
by the middle of next week/end of the long term period. A
blocking high over New England should provide the cold air for
potential wintry precip over part of central Pa, as this feature
lifts through late Tuesday into early Wed. Continued to bump up
POPs for midweek with this system with rain over the southeast,
a mix of rain/snow over central PA and the best chance for all
snow over the northwest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

2.69" was the Tamaqua total. 

2 hours ago, pawatch said:

59 degrees, currently winds calm.

Total - storm total was 3.16” of rain. Picked up 1.76 overnight 

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

With the additional rain overnight, I’m at 1.97 for the event.

2 hours ago, kerplunk said:

Total 3.9” in my backyard.  SC area seems to have been a hotspot.

35 minutes ago, canderson said:

1.3” rain for me. It also is 25 degrees colder in Austin than here. 

Rainfall total here - .67"

5 hours ago, Festus said:

For anyone interested, the 611 steam locomotive is running at Strasburg today.  I believe it is the second largest operational steam locomotive in the country.  It is certainly a site to behold.  And who knows, maybe a guest appearance by our resident train expert Itstrainingtime.

At the risk of boring everyone with my fanaticism of trains, I was able to participate in some of the 611 activities in Strasburg last fall. Really cool to be a part of.

They are charging nearly double for the 45 minute excursions pulled by 611 compared to 475 this weekend. Speaking of 475...what an amazing job the freight shop did getting her back and running after the accident last week. Strasburg operations are exceptional in nearly every way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

At the risk of boring everyone with my fanaticism of trains, I was able to participate in some of the 611 activities in Strasburg last fall. Really cool to be a part of.

They are charging nearly double for the 45 minute excursions pulled by 611 compared to 475 this weekend. Speaking of 475...what an amazing job the freight shop did getting her back and running after the accident last week. Strasburg operations are exceptional in nearly every way.

If my wife wouldn't have waited until the last minute to get her new photo license, I might have gotten a chance to meet you. We planned on going down there after she was done at the DMV, but they had a computer crash, and we spent most of the day sitting there waiting for it to come back online.

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The place was absolutely packed.  Tough to find parking but what a sight.  So I had on a drag racing shirt and this older dude wanders up and starts chatting about racing.  He had on jeans and a denim shirt with 611 on it.  I'm thinking this guy is hard core.  Next thing I know, he was in the drivers seat!  What a thrill it must be to operate something like that.  And to keep the post relevant, what an absolutely wonderful weather day.  Was there for 3 hours and never needed the coat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Festus said:

The place was absolutely packed.  Tough to find parking but what a sight.  So I had on a drag racing shirt and this older dude wanders up and starts chatting about racing.  He had on jeans and a denim shirt with 611 on it.  I'm thinking this guy is hard core.  Next thing I know, he was in the drivers seat!  What a thrill it must be to operate something like that.  And to keep the post relevant, what an absolutely wonderful weather day.  Was there for 3 hours and never needed the coat.

I was watching (nerd alert) some live coverage on Virtual Railfan...it looked just like you described. And good for that dude and good for you down there enjoying the day. I love being there.

• Like 1