Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,161
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Michael Butler
    Newest Member
    Michael Butler
    Joined

Central PA Summer 2022


Recommended Posts

Just now, paweather said:

Well the Phillies are not much better. I am in your club with this season. So many high expectations for us not sure about the Sox's. 

Phillies are abysmal defensively. I mean like really bad. I didn't realize how bad they were until Saturday night. They're brutal. Pitchers don't have a chance.

That game was a shame. Wheeler pitched his a** off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Phillies are abysmal defensively. I mean like really bad. I didn't realize how bad they were until Saturday night. They're brutal. Pitchers don't have a chance.

That game was a shame. Wheeler pitched his a** off. 

Wheeler sure did. No offense bad defense. And I don't like the runner on 2nd base in Extra Innings. I think it goes away next year and back to a normal extra innings game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, paweather said:

Wheeler sure did. No offense bad defense. And I don't like the runner on 2nd base in Extra Innings. I think it goes away next year and back to a normal extra innings game. 

I despise it with all my might. I hate the DH in the NL as well, but that's not as important to me as preserving the integrity of the game. The extra inning nonsense is infuriating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I despise it with all my might. I hate the DH in the NL as well, but that's not as important to me as preserving the integrity of the game. The extra inning nonsense is infuriating. 

I wholeheartedly agree.

As for rain, my rain gauge says I picked up 0.26" this morning. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, canderson said:

You know, I don't hate the extra inning rule (I think it should start after the 11th though). While 14 inning games are unique, they're terrible for roster management and honestly fans in attendance. 

Nope, I've been to games that have lasted 19 innings and was thrilled. 

Those who cry about extra innings aren't true fans to me. It's part of what makes baseball special. You show up at the park knowing you might be out in 2 hours or 12. Nothing will change my mind about that. (though I understand where you're coming from) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Nope, I've been to games that have lasted 19 innings and was thrilled. 

Those who cry about extra innings aren't true fans to me. It's part of what makes baseball special. You show up at the park knowing you might be out in 2 hours or 12. Nothing will change my mind about that. (though I understand where you're coming from) 

The issue is ... the game's losing fans and as games get longer they drop like flies. And I can speak from experience in Boston, if a game goes into the 12th and you have to take the T .. you're screwed. They stop running on weeknights at midnight or whatever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm starting to worry that today will be yet another missed opportunity for rain. 

First area has all but completed fizzled on approach.

Will we recover enough to get another shot later? 

 

27 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Any chance for rain later 

HRRR is very scattered.  Radar does not look great as Training mentioned.  3K pops some but not a lot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, canderson said:

The issue is ... the game's losing fans and as games get longer they drop like flies. And I can speak from experience in Boston, if a game goes into the 12th and you have to take the T .. you're screwed. They stop running on weeknights at midnight or whatever. 

Yep, I get it. And I'm not arguing with what you're saying.

At the same time, the game has evolved in ways that created the mess we're in. Saturday night's Phillies game was a perfect example. It took just 2 hours to play 7 innings. It then took 1 hour and 36 minutes to play the final 3 innings. 4, yes 4 different reviews, plus 6-8 pitching changes and all of a sudden a tidy 2 hour 15 minute game became a marathon that lasted over 3.5 hours. Much of that time over the last 3 innings was reviews and pitching changes. Lots of time for anyone less than a totally devoted fan to check out. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I despise it with all my might. I hate the DH in the NL as well, but that's not as important to me as preserving the integrity of the game. The extra inning nonsense is infuriating. 

It is so much to me as well. Just not baseball in the extras at all. The DH at first I was not happy but I have gotten somewhat comfortable it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

.1” rain - looks the current stuff will also slide south. I am very skeptical of afternoon storms unless you’re closer to Philly.  

The rainfall starting around here now may clip the southern half of the LSV but you indeed may be too far north. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, paweather said:

Wheeler sure did. No offense bad defense. And I don't like the runner on 2nd base in Extra Innings. I think it goes away next year and back to a normal extra innings game. 

Blame softball. We have used the ITB (international Tie Breaker) with runner on 2nd to end tie games for many years. 

Side note- i never lost a ITB game while coaching. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steady rainfall here for at least the past 5 minutes, maybe a bit longer. Training and MJS, I imagine you’ll be getting some rain from this. (Sorry Canderson; if it were up to me I’d send some of this in your direction)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...