Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,128
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Newest Member
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Joined

Potential large EC storm/Heavy LES March 11-13th


Recommended Posts

Pouring over the info. 6z GEFS definitely took a turn for the worse. Just disorganized. It’s still a storm but a lot of them are a typical Spring thing- couple/ few inches in the valleys, 6” in the elevations. A couple good ones. 12z should tell us a lot. 
Im nervous. 
I haven’t been following as close as normal. Struggling with some late winter blues. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Pouring over the info. 6z GEFS definitely took a turn for the worse. Just disorganized. It’s still a storm but a lot of them are a typical Spring thing- couple/ few inches in the valleys, 6” in the elevations. A couple good ones. 12z should tell us a lot. 
Im nervous. 
I haven’t been following as close as normal. Struggling with some late winter blues. 

I’m having a hard time too man. But for me it’s all about Ukraine. 

I wish I could do more.  It physically hurts.

Maybe a blizzard for you and some warmer days for me can help us to be a bit distracted even if it’s just for a little bit. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 96blizz said:

I’m having a hard time too man. But for me it’s all about Ukraine. 

I wish I could do more.  It physically hurts.

Maybe a blizzard for you and some warmer days for me can help us to be a bit distracted even if it’s just for a little bit. 

Thanks bud. Have a nice trip. We used to love a steak-house called Thoroughbreds. Better than Greg Normans place IMO. 
Play a couple scratch rounds. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, vortmax said:

The Euro is very positively tilted. Yuk. Really hoping for a big one. When does the energy get onshore?

The ingredients are already onshore so I wouldn't expect massive changes going forward.  Seems like the ensembles are for a later further East phase.  The trough is slightly positive or neutral as it crosses the Eastern Great Lakes.  Not the best for us....perhaps my Vermont trip still has some life in it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Icon 12z

d14cec07-d4cf-41fd-b1b7-6bdd6384edd8.gif

It has actually done better this year than in years past. I also see some of that heavy precip it's showing in the form of rain before the changeover to be heavy mixed precip. or heavy snow from dynamic cooling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

The ingredients are already onshore so I wouldn't expect massive changes going forward.  Seems like the ensembles are for a later further East phase.  The trough is slightly positive or neutral as it crosses the Eastern Great Lakes.  Not the best for us....perhaps my Vermont trip still has some life in it!

Looking at 500mb the energy is way, way up north, like in the arctic still. How much data is really up there? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Fwiw

Keep in mind total snowfall Includes Wednesday, not so much for kbuf CWA though..

sn10_acc.us_ne - 2022-03-08T110942.645.png

Kuchie only please. We really want to set this one up for major disappointment.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...