Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential large EC storm/Heavy LES March 11-13th

12 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

What about parish area?

East side of Sandy Creek or NE Altmar. If you want to be closer to Syracuse than Parish is probably best spot. But they don't get hit with the big LES events like Pulaski, Sandy Creek, and Altmar do. I mean Parish does, but not as commonplace as places further N/NE. If you're moving just for snow, ask Carol to put up a shed next to her place in N Redfield.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

East side of Sandy Creek or NE Altmar. If you want to be closer to Syracuse than Parish is probably best spot. But they don't get hit with the big LES events like Pulaski, Sandy Creek, and Altmar do. I mean Parish does, but not as commonplace as places further N/NE. If you're moving just for snow, ask Carol to put up a shed next to her place in N Redfield.

it's a trifecta of 3 things. convenience, snow, and job availability. Ive got 3 areas I'm looking at. North of cortland to la fayette area over to cazenvoia. Issue there would be finding something affordable.  then hastings to mexico to williamstown to parish. Then Copenhagen to harrisburg to lorraine then parallel 81 to south of watertown. This spot would be ideal as its close to the job I have now 

25 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yeah, if I lived in Oswego County and wanted to be near 81, I would pick Parish as well. Or the area between Parish and Pulaski. That's the West-wind snowbelt.

does the west wind snow belt happen alot? Seems like in winter prodiminent flow is generally nw or wnw

6 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

does the west wind snow belt happen alot? Seems like in winter prodiminent flow is generally nw or wnw

West wind used to be more common. WNW is the transitional winds. It rarely ever stays long in WNW, which is why us North Syracuse burb guys are feeling neglected. SW, NW, and W are the most common. The NW winds are such a pain for the Syracuse area as they're so unpredictable. Westerly winds used to be more common, which is part of the reason the Tug, due East, gets so much snow. Lately, the North Tug, which does better when there is a bit of a southerly component to the winds (WSW) has been getting hammered. The amount of times Watertown has been hit by big SW events the past several years seems ridiculous. For most reliable snows, regardless of weather, I still say the Worth area is King. I mean, looking at their webcam today, they look to have about 20 inches there

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

West wind used to be more common. WNW is the transitional winds. It rarely ever stays long in WNW, which is why us North Syracuse burb guys are feeling neglected. SW, NW, and W are the most common. The NW winds are such a pain for the Syracuse area as they're so unpredictable. Westerly winds used to be more common, which is part of the reason the Tug, due East, gets so much snow. Lately, the North Tug, which does better when there is a bit of a southerly component to the winds (WSW) has been getting hammered. The amount of times Watertown has been hit by big SW events the past several years seems ridiculous. For most reliable snows, regardless of weather, I still say the Worth area is King. I mean, looking at their webcam today, they look to have about 20 inches there

Thanks for the insights, appreciate it 

• Like 1