• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the phasing is as clear as day on a five day mean

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-conus-vort500_z500-1642982400-1643328000-1643436000-20.thumb.gif.0ce6ddcdadb26a99e7168b1ca3e44ab6.gif

Yeah very strong signal... and exactly where I highlighted it on the 0z OP run ~hr 120-126

12z OP run seems like the outlier

Guidance honing in on a big one... get rest folks, exciting week ahead!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

Absolutely unreal. I don't think I've seen something like this before.

I forgive the weather gods for the last 4 years if this happens...completely and utterly forgiven, and well worth every ankle grab that I have endured.

Yes, 'mam....thank you ma nature, may I have a another-

• Haha 1

I have never seen an ensemble mean that intense....this may rival my drift records from March 14, 1993....just violating the atmosphere in every way imaginable. Drifts several feet high and Ginxy and the dogs just floating past ice bergs in area sounds from the tides....clinging to terds like life buoys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

EPS have > 15 members with 940s-960s near or just inside BM

the furthest west this can go is likely over the eastern end of LI....I dont think it gets that far west, but just inside or right over the BM is probably more likely than going east of the BM.....remember the stronger this gets the more likely it is to be on the western side of the ensembles.

Just now, LibertyBell said:

the furthest west this can go is likely over the eastern end of LI....I dont think it gets that far west, but just inside or right over the BM is probably more likely than going east of the BM.....remember the stronger this gets the more likely it is to be on the western side of the ensembles.

This I agree with. I don't see it trucking in near the jersey shore, though. I think near LI is probably the closest it could come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not so sure....the western most outliers actually came a bit east from 18z....now there is one near Boston, as opposed to NYC.

But the snowfall numbers seem to have gone up.

the furthest west this can go is likely over the eastern end of LI....I dont think it gets that far west (thats where the westernmost ensemble members are on the new Euro), but just inside or right over the BM is probably more likely than going east of the BM.....remember the stronger this gets the more likely it is to be on the western side of the ensembles.

The biggest blizzard in the last decade for my area was Feb 2013, which deepened to 968 mb at its peak. The euro as well as many of its ensembles have the low deepening even more than that. This has the potential to be a historic blizzard, even stronger than Feb 2013 and possibly even Feb 1978. The crazy thing about that Euro run is it wasn’t even a direct hit and still gave eastern mass 2+ feet. Imagine how much it would be with a 940s mb low over Nantucket or the outer cape instead of se of the benchmark!

Just now, LibertyBell said:

It won't go  a "a lot" there isn't enough time for that.... but getting it just inside the BM should be doable.

Yea, he and reality have parted ways....been there plenty past few years. I think you and I are on the same page. This is huge storm....deform band will probably be well west of me even if it comes near BM.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...
  • dendrite unpinned this topic