Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

Come on Sauss tackling is fine in Basketball! :lol:

Well, i had never played organized Basketball. In our town, like most small towns the kids were out playing whatever sport was in. So our sandlot basketball including tackling, elbowing or you know, whatever. I just carried that into my first year of playing in a league. My dad and brother :Dy got up and walked out 

edit-i excelled at Street hockey :lmao:

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

you guys will be thinking differently next week. :D But have to agree it is beautiful out.  What is wrong with the Sixers? The win big over GSW and then can't beat Memphis or the Heat. Terrible 14-13

They don't rebound at all. Game after game they get killed on the boards. No excuse for what Ben Simmons has done or how he's acted, but they miss him terribly on the glass and in transition. Embiid is/has been overrated, he specifically was booed last night which I was sort of glad to see/hear. And, this team has 2 gears. Far too often they play at 25% speed and the lack of effort is blatantly obvious. They woke up last night only after getting booed repeatedly off the court after falling behind by 23 points to a team missing their best player. (Jimmy Butler)

The team is a mess right now. And I realize that my comments regarding Embiid aren't going to be popular because the whole world loves the guy. Regardless, he's no MVP. Not even close. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

They don't rebound at all. Game after game they get killed on the boards. No excuse for what Ben Simmons has done or how he's acted, but they miss him terribly on the glass and in transition. Embiid is/has been overrated, he specifically was booed last night which I was sort of glad to see/hear. And, this team has 2 gears. Far too often they play at 25% speed and the lack of effort is blatantly obvious. They woke up last night only after getting booed repeatedly off the court after falling behind by 23 points to a team missing their best player. (Jimmy Butler)

The team is a mess right now. And I realize that my comments regarding Embiid aren't going to be popular because the whole world loves the guy. Regardless, he's no MVP. Not even close. 

You are spot on. Embid is overrated and he needs help. Simmons would be a game changer but we know that is not going to happen he is just laughing right now at the Sixers.  

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

WIndows open, tshirt on. It's warm in the sun, feels like May. 

That's one thing climate change is bringing that temps don't necessarily give you - the sun strength is so much more than it was growing up. 

Can you explain what you mean by sun strength being so much more?  What would have changed about the sun angle when looking at same dates, other than perhaps some miniscule shift of like a hundredth or thousandth of a degree due to natural orbital shifting?  Genuinely curious. 

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Can you explain what you mean by sun strength being so much more?  What would have changed about the sun angle when looking at same dates, other than perhaps some miniscule shift of like a hundredth or thousandth of a degree due to natural orbital shifting?  Genuinely curious. 

I have verrrrrrrrrry fair skin. I sunburn very easily. In Texas growing up, I could be outside about 10 minutes before I would burn in August. With sunblock, it was of course longer. 

Now, however, I start burning after 5 minutes and if at 10 I blister. My skin hasn't changed at all. 

I also notice when in direct sun with no wind the power of the heat is more than it was earlier. I don't mean it's hotter, but the feeling of the sun power is moreso. It's hard to describe, but I the ozone might not block as many rays naturally as it used to, the angle has changed, etc. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

I have verrrrrrrrrry fair skin. I sunburn very easily. In Texas growing up, I could be outside about 10 minutes before I would burn in August. With sunblock, it was of course longer. 

Now, however, I start burning after 5 minutes and if at 10 I blister. My skin hasn't changed at all. 

I also notice when in direct sun with no wind the power of the heat is more than it was earlier. I don't mean it's hotter, but the feeling of the sun power is moreso. It's hard to describe, but I the ozone might not block as many rays naturally as it used to, the angle has changed, etc. 

That's a long way to describe a vampire.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, canderson said:

The ozone stuff might have something to do with it, but it seems far-fetched that the strength of the sun itself has changed that much over the course of (half?) a human lifetime.

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

The ozone stuff might have something to do with it, but it seems far-fetched that the strength of the sun itself has changed that much over the course of (half?) a human lifetime.

Thanks for answering.  Yeah I could accept that perhaps there is some atmospherical difference where less UV is being blocked out or something to that effect, although I have no knowledge one way or the other of such a phenomena.  However, there absolutely shouldn't be anything different about the actual sun angle as it relates to astronomical physics, as Tim noted.

18 minutes ago, canderson said:

That said, I’m also about as fair as they come and I last a few minutes without sunscreen, especially at altitude or in the tropics.

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

That said, I’m also about as fair as they come and I last a few minutes without sunscreen, especially at altitude or in the tropics.

As a dumb kid of 18, I once briefly fell asleep on the deck of a cruise ship with no sun screen at high noon right around the summer solstice and damn near of the tropic of cancer.  Pretty much a worse case scenario for getting sunburn on planet Earth, and sure enough got the worst sun burn of my life. Immense pain ensued in the days that followed.  All from what was maybe a 15 minute nap.  Learned a big lesson that day.

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

As a dumb kid of 18, I once briefly fell asleep on the deck of a cruise ship with no sun screen at high noon right around the summer solstice and damn near of the tropic of cancer.  Pretty much a worse case scenario for getting sunburn on planet Earth, and sure enough got the worst sun burn of my life. Immense pain ensued in the days that followed.  All from what was maybe a 15 minute nap.  Learned a big lesson that day.

Sounds like the tropic of melanoma to me.

• Haha 2