• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

well if its worth any thing forecast high was 22. I didnt see it peg past 18 Im right near the airport too. forecast low went down 2 more degrees from 14 to 12 Ive seen some impressive cad before but if this does truly goes that far west I dunno id rather just be fry slotted 

12 minutes ago, Ruin said:

well if its worth any thing forecast high was 22. I didnt see it peg past 18 Im right near the airport too. forecast low went down 2 more degrees from 14 to 12 Ive seen some impressive cad before but if this does truly goes that far west I dunno id rather just be fry slotted 

My problem with hoping for cad is if the coastal/right low is dominant early.  Cad does not work so well with warm surges coming from the east or south east.

40 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

In my experience growing up in SE Huntingdon county and living in the Cumberland Valley and HBG metro, my opinion is that they have the same weather due to being within valleys. Even with ridges (Jack's/Neelyton/Fannettsburg/Kittatiny/Blue mountains) separating the Shade Gaps and Chambersburgs of the world, the valleys generally share the weather as Franklin/Adams/Cumberland/Dauphin counties. As a result, I would understand breaking Fulton/Huntingdon/Mifflin/Juniata counties up into "ridges" and "not ridges" the same way the Pittsburgh office does Fayette and Westmoreland Ridges. Those low-lying areas will likely have similar results to the LSV. 

So yeah, I would take that green line of yours and shift it just a tad left and tell the ridge denizens to expect worse lol

Haha yea there are some large valleys in that region and that’s where most of the population resides too. Although on the other hand, this is the general area I expect the potential stripe of freezing rain that’s more than just a glaze to a tenth. 

I”m on board with their forecast numberwise (they put a new map out) and a bit of a reduction in accums. I just think the overall high storm impact and still a good bit of overall model support for 6”+ justified a warning for some more of the central counties. Gotta draw the line somewhere I guess. I still expect to get to 6” in AOO/UNV with the amount of mixing dictating the top end potential. 

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Im rooting for the Euro evolution..strong further north primary. 

This was late 80s or early 90s we had almost 2 inchs of sleet we ate a meal at the state restaurant. we all thought it was snow till we went out and heard it. tho honestly it wasnt that bad to drive or walk in. 

Not sure how Tolleris is resolving the fact that the NW edge outside his sleet line is where the totals should ramp up - yet that’s where he has the totals drop off. Probably the single most important issue in terms of where big totals wind up.

He tries to forecast for a wide area, and doesn’t put diligence into those areas. 

• Like 1

Just now, losetoa6 said:

One of the infamous 1994 storms laid down 6 inches of heavy sleet here . It was incredibly loud for hours and hours .

I was really young but I remember a storm that did that here in Pittsburgh too. I have no clue when it was, but it sleeted for HOURS and I have never seen anything like it again. At the end it switched to extremely heavy snow.

I just remember it because it was the best sled riding I ever remember.

• Like 2