• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    laikakat
    Newest Member
    laikakat
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

51 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Sorry @TugHillMatt I'm officially going to be cheering for warmth, sun, and high dews from here until Nov. 1st. :thumbsup:

Hopefully a few good storms too.

Haha. It's ok. I understand.  I'm really not that sad this winter is ending. As @CNY_WX mentioned earlier this week, how many more times can we take being played by an awful storm track? My D- rating stands....maaaaaaybe a D.

I will wish for a summer of 70s, low dewpoints, and gentle breezes from the NORTH. Oh, what a DREAM.

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Haha. It's ok. I understand.  I'm really not that sad this winter is ending. As @CNY_WX mentioned earlier this week, how many more times can we take being played by an awful storm track? My D- rating stands....maaaaaaybe a D.

I will wish for a summer of 80s, high dewpoints, and gentle breezes from the SOUTH. Oh, what a DREAM.

Me too! :sun:

• Haha 3

I would rate this winter a C- for Oswego. We had a couple of good lake-effect events, but our synoptic events were not impressive. There was a NW flow that dominated most LES events that produced the best totals over Jefferson Co. to our north. I was hoping for a really big storm this winter, but our biggest event produced 10-12". I'll keep my hopes up for next season.

On the positive side, January was nice and cold and we had a month of consistent snow cover, so in a sense I got to experience a real northern winter where the snow doesn't vanish after a couple of days. At the very least, this season's snowfall total is ahead of the last two seasons.