• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

Guys, let’s just not fret over this storm.  It was a long shot from the get go.  There are bigger things to worry about, this storm isn’t one of them.  Let’s just hope ice isn’t a major player, for safety sake.

We just came off one the best winter months in a few years.  Missing this storm isn’t a big deal.  And if we get it, great!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Guys, let’s just not fret over this storm.  It was a long shot from the get go.  There are bigger things to worry about, this storm isn’t one of them.  Let’s just hope ice isn’t a major player, for safety sake.

We just came off one the best winter months in a few years.  Missing this storm isn’t a big deal.  And if we get it, great!

Agreed. Let’s just enjoy the 0.09” of ice and the 1.1” of snow the NWS says we’re getting (hey, that’s 0.2” more than climo for Feb 3-4!) and hopefully no one gets hurt or killed. 

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Agreed. Let’s just enjoy the 0.09” of ice and the 1.1” of snow the NWS says we’re getting (hey, that’s 0.2” more than climo for Feb 3-4!) and hopefully no one gets hurt or killed. 

Something’s definitely off about those totals, unless they really expect 90% rain, but they should explain that if that’s the case.

4 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Something’s definitely off about those totals, unless they really expect 90% rain, but they should explain that if that’s the case.

They did update the warning, wording still says 1-3” of snow and now “up to a quarter inch of ice.” I guess technically they’d be right if it’s 1.1” and 0.09” but that seems a little disingenuous.

Just now, KPITSnow said:

So happy the models teased us this afternoon only to pull back again at the last minute. 

oh well, this was never supposed to be anything and if we can avoid a lot of ice that’s great. This isn’t a horrendous bust like the MLK storm.

You have to be trolling at this point.

13 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

So happy the models teased us this afternoon only to pull back again at the last minute. 

oh well, this was never supposed to be anything and if we can avoid a lot of ice that’s great. This isn’t a horrendous bust like the MLK storm.

Neither was that storm.  I think you’re trolling about that one busting now, lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Ahoff said:

Neither was that storm.  I think you’re trolling about that one busting now, lol.

Nope. A storm that mixes for the first 6 hours of precip, dryslots for 6, then gets 6 hours of a degrading deform band when we were supposed to get a foot of snow is a fail.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

10 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

It was a 12 inch storm that ended up not even hitting warming level for me. It was one of the worst busts I’ve experienced

No it was a 6-12” storm that hit 9.1” officially.  Not. A. Bust.

Please do not have any expectations for this one, because hearing about how this busted is going to be exhausting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ahoff said:

Please do not have any expectations for this one, because hearing about how this busted is going to be exhausting.

I already said this one can’t bust. I actually want it to bust as in we don’t get ice.

and I didn’t hit 9. I had seven, and my forecast the  NWS had out the morning of was 12. 

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

This one isn’t a bust, just a mild disappointment where the NWS holds onto warnings for far too long and slowly lowers the numbers in the warning text so they can be “right”. (See also, 1/19/19, though we had expectations for that one.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

This one isn’t a bust, just a mild disappointment where the NWS holds onto warnings for far too long and slowly lowers the numbers in the warning text so they can be “right”. (See also, 1/19/19, though we had expectations for that one.)

This isn’t a bust. I had no expectations. I mean I kind of wish it didn’t get as close as it has and I wish it would be just plain rain, but three days ago this was in Canada.

That said a lot of schools cancelled tomorrow possibly for no reason. 

2 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I already said this one can’t bust. I actually want it to bust as in we don’t get ice.

and I didn’t hit 9. I had seven, and my forecast the  NWS had out the morning of was 12. 

Maybe the NWS should have carved out a little area right over your house that had no warning.  I mean the the majority of the area had warning level snow of 6-12”, but because KPIT didn’t get “warning level”, the warning should have never been hoisted.  Please get over it, you survived.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ahoff said:

Maybe the NWS should have carved out a little area right over your house that had no warning.  I mean the the majority of the area had warning level snow of 6-12”, but because KPIT didn’t get “warning level”, the warning should have never been hoisted.  Please get over it, you survived.

No the majority of AGC had 7 or so inches. 

why do you guys blow up when I say this. If I think it was a bust let me.

• Weenie 1

Just now, KPITSnow said:

No the majority of AGC had 7 or so inches. 

why do you guys blow up when I say this. If I think it was a bust let me.

If you think it was a bust, fine. If it still irks you three weeks later, maybe you should talk to your guidance counselor about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1