Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

6 hours ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

@Ralph Wiggumwhat is the deal for a week from now? I have a flight on 1/29 out of PHL at 3:00 PM to go to FL. You need to hold this thing off til I leave.

-RSC

5 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

If you held a gun to me I would say the trof axis is too far east and less stj energy being depicted so favors off the coast and hitting New England. Also progressive NS also suggests likewise.l with a crud Atlantic look.. Of course if it amps up and does have some stj play we could be talking an inside runner. As much as folks dont want to hear it, major timing issues evident wrt jet stream energy so likely a thread the needle scenario. I think you r fine for now sir but subject to change since we are talking 7 days out.

Yeah, 18z GFS just said hold my beer and gave me the double finger.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Pretty sure you could be over 6.0", 4" was pretty common in the area for Jan. 7th, and I believe you had over 2" this past Sunday.

Oh right I forgot the storm at dropped 2.1” then vanished 5 hours later so 4.3”, 2.1”, and 0.3” looks like 6.7” Thanks Kamu I knew you would come through since you’re only like 7 miles down the road 

• Like 1

Well as of the 0zs or 6zs, there are whiffs for the end of month storm at the moment but I do think something is going to be out there around that time (they seem to bop around between late Jan - early Feb.).

Meanwhile I did make it up to 29 yesterday and had a low of 20 this morning.  It's currently partly sunny (it clouded over since earlier this morning) and 27 with dp 12 (after a low dp of 7).  And as a note, I just a tiny bit over 6" of snow so far, season to date.

floop-gfs-2022012306.prateptype_cat.conus-6z-jan29-storm-01232022.gif

floop-gefs-2022012306.sfcwind_mslp.conus-6z-jan29-storm-01232022.gif

floop-ecmwf_full-2022012300.prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus-0z-jan29-storm-01232022.gif

floop-gdps-2022012300.prateptype.conus-0z-jan29-storm-01232022.gif

1 minute ago, CoolHandMike said:

Maybe if it continues into the evening, but everything here is just slightly above freezing. I just drove from Downingtown to Reading, and it's not sticking anywhere yet. Quite pretty, though.

Yeah, probably enter my area within an hour. Sun will be starting to set here, hopefully drop a couple degrees.

34F

3:25pm radar:

325.jpg