Total Members
    Most Online
    NHDrySlot
    Newest Member
    NHDrySlot
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Almost... Saw a lightning bug out back last night, 3 or 4 confirmation flashes to boot. First time I've seen one in October.

Ya know, I thought I saw one the other night too but figured it was just my imagination.

1 minute ago, JTA66 said:

Ya know, I thought I saw one the other night too but figured it was just my imagination.

Pretty sure we had one or two a week ago, never seen them in October either. The gnats and mosquitos all came roaring back to life in my backyard though, nothing I've done has been as effective as consistently colder temps at keeping them at bay.

35 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

We've seen a few here as well over the last week or so. Not sure how that works, usually see them in the spring.

Maybe it's been so warm they forgot the season and came out to play again

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

Dandelions popping up too. Spring has sprung!

62F/DP 60F

We really shouldn't start a Fall thread till late Oct at the earliest...if? We're in the 5th week of the NFL season and I'm in shorts with windows open and a fan blasting on me. If I have to turn on the A/C later this week I may have to have a talk w/myself and reconsider this whole weather hobbie thing...

63F / DP 62F

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

We really shouldn't start a Fall thread till late Oct at the earliest...if? We're in the 5th week of the NFL season and I'm in shorts with windows open and a fan blasting on me. If I have to turn on the A/C later this week I may have to have a talk w/myself and reconsider this whole weather hobbie thing...

63F / DP 62F

Seriously! If I wanted forever summer, I’d move to Florida.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

The high yesterday ended up being 69 and I picked up 0.09" of rain sometime between 1 - 2 am.  Low this morning was 61 and I think I may have hit my high of 65 with on and off drizzle/rain.  That on/off stuff gave me a couple more hundredths of an inch so I am currently at 0.13" for the event so far.  Currently 64 with some light rain and dp 63.

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Yet in 8 weeks you guys will probably be venting about the early heating bills. Take the nice weather for what it is.

I don't know about everybody else, but it costs way less to heat my place than it does to cool it. And I, sir, look forward to kvetching about the cold. :)

• Weenie 1

average

noun

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

av·er·age | \ ˈa-v(ə-)rij  \

Essential Meaning of average

1: a number that is calculated by adding quantities together and then dividing the total by the number of quantitiesThe average of 16, 8, and 6 is 10.Take all these temperatures and find their average.
  • Weenie 1

Got down to 55.9°F last night. I'm liking how Saturday is trending cooler on the forecasts--a couple of days ago it was progged to be low 80's, now it's looking like mid 70's and damp. Hopefully that'll keep the crowds down at the Ren faire this Saturday.

Side note, it's like, aggressively grey out there this morning. I think I've seen the sun for a total of 30 minutes in the past week! (I'm one of those weirdos who's perfectly ok with that.)

image.png.6747c8244e544761f9478aa69ca0f739.png

• Weenie 1