• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Up here on the peaks of The Welsh Mountain Anticline we have recorded our 1st sub-freezing morning here in East Nantmeal Township. Today's low was 30.2 - this is our 1st freezing temperature since April 22nd when we touched 31.3 and the coldest since the 26.3 AM low back on April 3rd. With this low the growing season has ended in the Township at 196 days. Our normal growing season is 185 days between freezes. The earliest 1st freeze was on September 20, 1956 and the latest was November 23, 2015. image.png.07bfc4dc583fdf5864fd4d43662dd79b.png

People were scraping windshields here this morning and the 32 was my final low for today (so far).  My today (so far although I think we're done with warming) was 50.

Currently 50 with a high deck of cirrus and dp a dry 29.

Mt. Holly ended the growing season for many of the metro counties included Philly -

On 10/8/2021 at 8:20 AM, Ralph Wiggum said:

"Cool" for Halloween is fine. Cold, not so much. This normal to even AN October so far coupled with the same outlook for at least the next 2 weeks bodes well for winter. I have compiled quite a bit of data for the upcoming winter outlook which I will delve into later in the month. Anyone watching the expanse and depth of snow-cover in Siberia and N Mongolia? 

???

It's Nov, is it that bad?

43F

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

25F again 

It just wants to be cold now...this airmass was nowhere to be seen on the long range outlooks for November a couple weeks ago. Does seem like a large pattern change is in motion from the endless warmth since June. 

Ch6 and 10 have upper 60s mid to late next week. Channel 10 had to be rebel and throw in a 70F on Tues or Wed...

43F

5 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Made it to 30F here early this morning. Coldest reading so far this fall. Beautiful days with plenty of sunshine, looks like the streak will continue through a good part of next week with some warming.

I miss the days where 50s would be common in Oct w/a day or two hovering in the 40s and a stray flurry/snowflake. Hell, now here are entering mid Nov next week w/temps in the mid 60s(+?) and the site of a flurry is not even on the radar. My guess is Dec 12th for our first stray flake...

54F at 3:20pm

• Weenie 1

So does what happens in Novembers the winter shall remember? For Western Chester County PA - At least in terms of top 20 extreme Temperatures in November the analysis shows that 70% of coldest Novembers resulted in below normal subsequent winter temps and around normal snowfall. While the top 20 warm Novembers indicate a 70% chance of warmer than normal winters with below normal snow totals.

image.thumb.png.a7f9fcb561b94514d8eaae417ecf59e5.png