Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,133
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    SCseminole
    Newest Member
    SCseminole
    Joined

Met Fall 2021 Banter.


HoarfrostHubb
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha "Check please, waiter."

Baseball is entertainment and that was entertaining for 4 hours until the last 15 minutes really.

It was like the 'Count Rugen' ( Princess Bride - ) torture chamber game. 

"...The concept of sucking at Baseball is a century old, only here, we're not sucking Baseball ... we're sucking life.   We've just sucked 5 hours of your life away.   We hope to one day go as high as a whole regular season, but we really don't know what that would do to you.   So, let's just begin with what we have here.   And remember - this is for the Schadenfreude of the front office, so please ... be honest.  How do you feel?"  

" ...eewwhahhahhhaaa"

" Interesting - "

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It was like the 'Count Rugen' ( Princess Bride - ) torture chamber game. 

"...The concept of sucking at Baseball is a century old, only here, we're not sucking Baseball ... we're sucking life.   We've just sucked 5 hours of your life away.   We hope to one day go as high as a whole regular season, but we really don't know what that would do to you.   So, let's just begin with what we have here.   And remember - this is for the Schadenfreude of the front office, so please ... be honest.  How do you feel?"  

" ...eewwhahhahhhaaa"

" Interesting - "

But if they win you look at you differently, don't you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DavisStraight said:

But if they win you look at you differently, don't you?

Uh no ... I was just thinking about this - it won't change my opinion that this game was played by ( really both ) teams playing shit baseball.

I mean I guess if your team gets the W ?  But it was bad day for the Sox when they were up 7-1 ... Slew of bumbling errors and bad pitching and frankly TB didn't look much better.

But also, the previous was supposed to be funny ;)   guess not huh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After every loss for the past like 6 weeks Red Sox and Yankee fans both comment their team is done :lol:.  Let’s just get a Wild Card death match between the two of them (let’s be honest, most just want those two to play each other in a 6-hour meaningful marathon), party like it’s the super bowl, and call it a season.

Always fun, baseball is awesome.  Get ‘em tomorrow night.  No other sport you can suffer a defeat and then just wake up and forget it.  Football you gotta stew on that shit for a week.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, powderfreak said:

After every loss for the past like 6 weeks Red Sox and Yankee fans both comment their team is done :lol:.  Let’s just get a Wild Card death match between the two of them (let’s be honest, most just want those two to play each other in a 6-hour meaningful marathon), party like it’s the super bowl, and call it a season.

Always fun, baseball is awesome.  Get ‘em tomorrow night.  No other sport you can suffer a defeat and then just wake up and forget it.  Football you gotta stew on that shit for a week.

I’m serious. Both teams may not get in 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m serious. Both teams may not get in 

No they may not, of course but I’m still betting they do.  Need @ORH_wxman’s statistical take on what should get there by the numbers.  He usually looks at it outside emotions better and in numbers.

I’m thinking if both teams can play .550 win percentage they can get it with 3 game lead right now. Seattle’s run differential is so bad that it’ll fall apart at some point.  Jay’s are definitely the concern.  A’s look worst than Yanks and Sox.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No they may not, of course but I’m still betting they do.  Need @ORH_wxman’s statistical take on what should get there by the numbers.  He usually looks at it outside emotions better and in numbers.

I’m thinking if both teams can play .550 win percentage they can get it with 3 game lead right now. Seattle’s run differential is so bad that it’ll fall apart at some point.  Jay’s are definitely the concern.  A’s look worst than Yanks and Sox.

Yanks cannot . Win 13 in a row.. then lose 6 out next 8.. 2 to the Orioles. Walk off mic drop 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Angry 

Can tie it into winter snowfall discussion, ha.  It's like if someone told you 25 days ago the Yanks could go 15-8, will you sign on the dotted line?  The answer is likely yes.  Just like if any Sox fan in March was told would you take a 3 game lead for the Wild Card on September 6th?  Most would sign right up.  It's how you get there that's infuriating.

Like a winter where in November if someone said hey, would you sign up for a slightly over-performing snow year in a Super Nino?  Yes?  Then it snows like 50-70 inches by mid-January/MLK but rains for 3 months straight after that with only 0.8" of snowfall (as sleet) falling in the next 90 days :lol:.  End of the season snow total looks above average in many SNE locals but after the big start everyone got huge visions of epicosity in their head.... only to break 1-2 laptops per week after that and declare it the worst winter ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...