Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2021 Observations

yotaman

48 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Best storm of the year right now. :D

Edit: Wind gusts probably 40-45, torrential rain, and absolutely non stop lightning. Still going strong, did not expect this today 

I can see that storm cloud top all the way from New Bern.

52 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Best storm of the year right now. :D

Edit: Wind gusts probably 40-45, torrential rain, and absolutely non stop lightning. Still going strong, did not expect this today 

Cary rain/snow hole at 100%, no precip IMBY. Outflow has cooled things off nicely though.

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Wow, this storm makes a lackluster storm season a little better for sure. Power went out a few times, likely lightning strikes. Felt like we were under attack from the heavens. Still going strong. Going to make a run at 2” here shortly 

It took forever to get here at 40/540. It was moving so slow in a WNW direction. We had the wind from the outflow boundary for a while and 2 trees snapped in the woods behind my house. Heard them go down while sitting on my porch enjoying the cooler temps. 

Rain finally got here and it wasnt like it was in Raleigh. It was a mediocre storm here but Ill take it :)  Looks like 1.11" in the gauge and another batch near Apex is moving North up Toll 540 towards here. Man we needed this rain so bad. Grass is turning brown. 

Got to 99 today and now my current temp is the low for the day at 70* here now. 

2 hours ago, Avdave said:

It took forever to get here at 40/540. It was moving so slow in a WNW direction. We had the wind from the outflow boundary for a while and 2 trees snapped in the woods behind my house. Heard them go down while sitting on my porch enjoying the cooler temps. 

Rain finally got here and it wasnt like it was in Raleigh. It was a mediocre storm here but Ill take it :)  Looks like 1.11" in the gauge and another batch near Apex is moving North up Toll 540 towards here. Man we needed this rain so bad. Grass is turning brown. 

Got to 99 today and now my current temp is the low for the day at 70* here now. 

It was a great storm for sure, we really haven’t had any good thunderstorms this year so this was welcome 

• Like 1

Wednesday #ncwx update:
• The remnants of Fred caused severe widespread flash flooding, rises on mainstem rivers, landslides & multiple reports of tornadoes in portions of western NC yesterday. Portions of western NC saw 3 - 7” of rainfall with locally higher amounts up to 10+”. https://t.co/cM0E2DSkXM