• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

78 at 10:30 here.  Feels hotter than it really is.  Wundermap for the McHotness so far.  frequently mid 80's showing in Central LSV

image.thumb.png.2627695b42bd2454bccb6da9e9fa46c3.png

That 82 south of Elizabethtown is right down the road from me, and matches my current temp perfectly. 

Ouch to the 86 down near Columbia...also close by to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

That 82 south of Elizabethtown is right down the road from me, and matches my current temp perfectly. 

Ouch to the 86 down near Columbia...also close by to me. 

I think WU is a great resource.  Have seen you commenting how it matches closely a couple time's in the last week or two.  If you take out the extremes its a great indicator. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Good chance I'll hit 90 tomorrow assuming a lot of sun prior to the frontal passage.

We're almost to August, and with it comes further reduction of daylight. One nice thing to look forward to is potentially cooler nights as the month goes on, even if it's a hot day. 

Euro would have you chance hitting 90 on Thursday as well.  So it really is which one is closet to being right. Euro is much cooler next week and more closely matches the GFS. 

46 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hitting 80 before 10am is a benchmark of mine for really hot days. Mission accomplished today.

Hot weather is always a little more tolerable when you can see your way out of it...

That's a good barometer.  I'm at 84 right now, 90 doesn't stand a chance of holding up today ha.  I think tomorrow will be a very close call.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was wondering...why is the York Fair so early now?  I thought it was a September thing?  Are they trying to get in before more lockdowns?   I did just read Kohr's left the fair which was surprising. 

They moved it because of weather issues in the past. I don't know what the end of July does for them though?

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was wondering...why is the York Fair so early now?  I thought it was a September thing?  Are they trying to get in before more lockdowns?   I did just read Kohr's left the fair which was surprising. 

It was moved to July last year, but Covid destroyed that idea. I wonder (I honestly don't know) if it had to do with getting more people to attend with schools not in session. 

I always thought that fall made a better season for fairs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And there you have it.

And i agree with you...not sure that made a lot of sense. 

So now they have weather issues,  It's too darn hot.  And I agree it makes no sense.  I figured it was just cancelled last year and saw 2019 was September so was wondering why it coincided with now.  My grandfather used to be part of a church group that would set up a stand/tent near the animals and give away free water.  He is passed now but not sure he would have stood for being out this time of the year. 

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Fall is fair season, late summer at the earliest.  Anything else is criminal.

Would be curious to hear opinions of people who go every year.  In the 70's and 80's  I went almost every year and the locations that had the Amish/Mennonite Ham and Cheese Sandwiches was not air conditioned,  I Got It was not air conditioned, the grocery bucket raffle was out in the sun, etc....everything was going to be too hot for a day like today. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Most of the nice temps I am seeing are in Early August so may get off to a pretty good below departure after week one if GFS is close. 

agreed.  8/6 seems to be when it wants to get hot again and its been showing up with some consistency with a blossoming SER.  If we can manage a transient pattern like we've been, we'll be alright IMO.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It was moved to July last year, but Covid destroyed that idea. I wonder (I honestly don't know) if it had to do with getting more people to attend with schools not in session

I always thought that fall made a better season for fairs. 

IMO thats the winning ticket right there.  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Have not had an Icon viewing in a bit but throw another log on the fire.

image.png.d414390b3a6527746e38c8555fa3a053.png

Wow the Icon makes an appearance!  I must be dreaming.  Looking forward to some of those cool temps it's displaying.  But I do agree with @pasnownut in that there has been some consistency in showing the ridge building over us by the first full weekend in August.

6 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Wow the Icon makes an appearance!  I must be dreaming.  Looking forward to some of those cool temps it's displaying.  But I do agree with @pasnownut in that there has been some consistency in showing the ridge building over us by the first full weekend in August.

Meh, still day 12 fantasy land as far as I’m concerned.

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Upper air pattern as depicted by the GFS doesnt inspire a ton of confidence out in la la land, but from 8/6 and beyond it does try to back in to the west and become a feature to contend with.  

13 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I felt sentimental as during the winter its a regular contributor.  Most of the MR models are talking 7-10 days of cooler weather so I am taking that as the big news right now and thought it fun to see so many 40's on it.  The GFS and Euro have been building the ridge over us in fantasy land for weeks now and they both keep pushing it back so personally I am waiting until its within 200 hours before too much fretting.   With that said, if it takes getting near a ridge to get rain we may have to do it.  The cool depictions are too dry. 

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I felt sentimental as during the winter its a regular contributor.  Most of the MR models are talking 7-10 days of cooler weather so I am taking that as the big news right now and thought it fun to see so many 40's on it.  The GFS and Euro have been building the ridge over us in fantasy land for weeks now and they both keep pushing it back so personally I am waiting until its within 200 hours before too much fretting.   With that said, if it takes getting near a ridge to get rain we may have to do it.  The cool depictions are too dry. 

BINGO!!  I'll take the next 7-10 and worry about the rest later. 

And when that time comes, we need to see the ridging showin up with more continuity before I get too worried about it.  Some were worried about it last week, and as you suggest, its being delayed/denied.  Frankly I could take 4-6 weeks of what is being modelled and then say hello Autumn as  Sept.1 is typically my crawl outta my old cave date.  

8 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

BINGO!!  I'll take the next 7-10 and worry about the rest later. 

And when that time comes, we need to see the ridging showin up with more continuity before I get too worried about it.  Some were worried about it last week, and as you suggest, its being delayed/denied.  Frankly I could take 4-6 weeks of what is being modelled and then say hello Autumn as  Sept.1 is typically my crawl outta my old cave date.  

It looked a little worse that last week or two with no troughing like we are going to get.  Looking like a cross country ridge.    Temp wise we are really heading into a great period it seems.  40's possible in colder LSV locales Sat and Mon Am.  

• Like 1