• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Feels incredible outside this morning. Sky isn't as blue as I thought it would be, however. There's a fair amount of high level cloudiness across PA per the latest satellite, but even without them I'm not sure that all of the smoke has been scoured out yet. 

It is definitely still smoky above and some at the surface here.   Only 68 at this point.  Filtered sun fighting the smoke.  Do not think A/C has turned on yet today...that is a miracle in its own right. 

31 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

First its spending the whole weekend at the pool and not in here and now this. 

Wait, weather isn’t supposed to be our whole lives?

Edit: I forgot it’s supposed to be balanced with sports and talking about Pillow.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Edit: I forgot it’s supposed to be balanced with sports and talking about Pillow.

In the winter some here check the 0Z GFS and Euro while lying on their pillow with a West Coast sporting event on in the background.   Speaking of sports it looks like the Olympics will at least get started so the US Men's BkBall team has a big matchup with France.  France has two NBA All Star Level Players.  Vive Le Upset Alert? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is definitely still smoky above and some at the surface here.   Only 68 at this point.  Filtered sun fighting the smoke.  Do not think A/C has turned on yet today...that is a miracle in its own right. 

It's 76 here. A/C enjoying yet another day of full operation here in the Historic District. 

20 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

In the winter some here check the 0Z GFS and Euro while lying on their pillow with a West Coast sporting event on in the background.   Speaking of sports it looks like the Olympics will at least get started so the US Men's BkBall team has a big matchup with France.  France has two NBA All Star Level Players.  Vive Le Upset Alert? 

Weather isn't everything, but everything else revolves around the weather. 

I long for the days when we sent amateur athletes to compete. Those were the Olympics I loved when I was younger, and what made the Miracle on Ice one of the greatest sports moments of my life. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not that women’s soccer and men’s basketball are at all the same thing, but I would guess the US team are prohibitive favorites in both, and one of them got slaughtered in their opener.

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Weather isn't everything, but everything else revolves around the weather. 

I long for the days when we sent amateur athletes to compete. Those were the Olympics I loved when I was younger, and what made the Miracle on Ice one of the greatest sports moments of my life. 

Fact

Not that women’s soccer and men’s basketball are at all the same thing, but I would guess the US team are prohibitive favorites in both, and one of them got slaughtered in their opener.

watched softball last night. They were playing on some make shift field. Kind of embarrassing really.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS is rolling.  Big watch on whether it will be 100+ degrees or under 80 next week around this time.   The GFS has offered both options the last 24-36 hours.  

Finally got a chance to look at the overnight models and there really isn’t much to hate. The Euro is also offering both options for the 2nd half of next week as of 0z.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Finally got a chance to look at the overnight models and there really isn’t much to hate. The Euro is also offering both options for the 2nd half of next week as of 0z.

Not going back to look now but think the 6Z GFS had a blob of 100's just south of us.  But it was odd in that it was very localized. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

First its spending the whole weekend at the pool and not in here and now this. 

haha I do apologize, my mistake boss, will never happen again

44 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Was just going to mention that, how at least they'll hopefully fare better than the US women's soccer team, ugly performance.....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Makes me wonder what the heat index at the beach will be. 

With the winds blowing from the west it may be warm but not as warm as the HIA.   I see the trough poking down to save us for Thursday I believe.  Wed was a bit hot.  (Edit-Thursday still hot at the beach being east of the front.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

With the winds blowing from the west it may be warm but not as warm as the HIA.   I see the trough poking down to save us for Thursday I believe.  Wed was a bit hot.  (Edit-Thursday still hot at the beach being east of the front.)

i'll look at projected beach temps for late next week. That helps me determine my beer needs for my stay ;)

7 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I will drink Miller Lite on the Beach, then find good beer for dinner. 

Sounds about right. Hanging out in the heat at the beach doesn’t lend itself to drinking heavy beer (as much as I love craft and it pains me to say this).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Sounds about right. Hanging out in the heat at the beach doesn’t lend itself to drinking heavy beer (as much as I love craft and it pains me to say this).

exactly 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

79 / 54 at 12:30 pm on July 22 can’t really be beat. The lack of humid air and the breeze makes it really damn pleasant in the shade. 

yep, spectacular!  I would turn off the AC, however i feel my daughter would poison me

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT never gets above 91 the next 10 days as the trough does just enough to keep the heat blanket away. 

Ridging just doesn’t dominate in this pattern. Even some comfy nights for some of us later next week.

Ridging just doesn’t dominate in this pattern. Even some comfy nights for some of us later next week.

Biggest change from 0Z is next weekend into the following week.   Not ridge dominated but we lose the cooling trough it had there before.  But yes lots of pleasant nights on the GFS.  It sends any heat wave concerns into August (if ever).