• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Temps do not translate too much to over drive despite super ridge.   Well they do day 15/16 but not going to fret over that. 

Not worried about that. Would be horrific if a model showed that on day 3/4 but not at that range.

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I never knew they crossed the border.  I am 0-2 now.  

Yeah, I didn't realize that until a couple of years ago. There's actually a bunch in Buffalo, including one that's right down the road from Rich, I mean Ralph Wilson, I mean New Era, I mean Bills, actually I mean Highmark Stadium. 

@TimB84 there you go - both the Riverhounds and the Buffalo Bills play in Highmark Stadium.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Someone/thing needs to pay the exorbitant salaries of athletes.  Back in the days you speak of, athletes made similar salaries to Joe Q Business guy. 

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

back in those days we knew everyone's roster. Then again, back in those days we had everyone's phone number memorized too. 

All so very true. Pretty soon we'll be anxiously awaiting the initialization of the State Farm GFS run. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Heck, with the ridge in that position basically covering the top half of the US, a westerly wind, KPIT might have to think about triple digit possibilities. 

I’m sure some would enjoy that, but count me out. I’m at Deep Creek, MD that week so even if it gets to 100 here maybe I’ll only be dealing with 90 there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’m sure some would enjoy that, but count me out. I’m at Deep Creek, MD that week so even if it gets to 100 here maybe I’ll only be dealing with 90 there.

I am going to predict it does not come to that...just model talk.    GFS could be in kick the can down the road mode.    The MA board loves them some Deep Creek. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I am going to predict it does not come to that...just model talk.    GFS could be in kick the can down the field mode.    The MA board loves them some Deep Creek. 

We used to go for a week every summer when I was a kid and some friends of my parents rented them a cottage for $50 a night. Now it’s a lot more than that, but it’s a family vacation so it’s split several ways. As for the MA folk, they’re the reason it’s so expensive nowadays. First they stole our vacation spot, then NWS Baltimore/Washington stole Garrett County from NWS Pittsburgh. Ironically, the last time Pittsburgh hit 100 was on the day we were returning from one of those Deep Creek trips of my youth.