• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter 2021

doncat

Good dry/cool morning all. I generally pass on the analysis/possibilities expressed by the professionals and well versed hobbyists, in our forums. I have been doing that for several days for friends and relatives. Some thank you’s are starting to come in and I pass them on to the above mentioned. My son in law in Bay Ridge is in a row house with a ( at least 7 foot) below street level community back driveway. He sand bagged his back door even as the sun was out yesterday pm. I’m sure his neighbors were questioning his action. From what he told me, through the night, there are no questions now. He sends his thanks. All those, I have mentioned above deserve accolades but to this one, ‘who marches to his own drum’ professional I send a special thanks. To me, forky, you will always be a meteorological E F Hutton. As always ….

• Like 2

2 hours ago, doncat said:

Hopefully this event will help with the affliction some have of "Premature bustaphobia" ... but unfortunately I doubt it.

Have to let these events play out, especially given how volatile our weather has been around here lately.  It's just like sports; never celebrate victory until the clock hits 0:00 or the last out has been recorded.

1 minute ago, matt8204 said:

Have to let these events play out, especially given how volatile our weather has been around here lately.  It's just like sports; never celebrate victory until the clock hits 0:00 or the last out has been recorded.

They didn't learn from Sandy.  They were making the same bust calls then and only stopped when their power went out as the storm was about to make landfall.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

image.thumb.png.a06d8d506b651f3a360608f9aa89d54f.png
NYC: 7.19"

EWR: 8.44"

BDR: 5.94"

LGA: 6.89"

HPN: 6.16"

JFK: 2.77"

ISP: 2.63"
image.thumb.png.d4999da66f60e162ec0575492101ba55.png

uhm thats completely wrong....I've complained about JFK measurements for years.....we consistently had between 4-6 inches here on the south shore of Nassau County and Queens (just check Walt's thread on area reports)....JFK, as usual, is bullshit

• Weenie 1

On 9/3/2021 at 11:14 AM, Will - Rutgers said:

i'm about to make a ton of bad posts

i cannot accept being supplanted as the site's worst poster by a bunch of Johnny-fail-lately's

Good morning Will. Even though ‘Bad Poster’ is a matter of interpretation you and some (forky) others post as Salvatore Dali painted. You have to look to see. If you choose not to look carefully/sincerely/repeatedly then you will never be able to see clearly. The Johnny’s you describe are still at the crayon stage. As always ….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, rclab said:

Good morning Will. Even though ‘Bad Poster’ is a matter of interpretation you and some (forky) others post as Salvatore Dali painted. You have to look to see. If you choose not to look carefully/sincerely/repeatedly then you will never be able see clearly. The Johnny’s you describe are still at the crayon stage. As always ….

i wish forky would open up.  i love his posts.  he chooses quality over quantity.  i just like having fun with you guys and sharing my photos but forky is a super smart guy.  i always think he’s got the secret sauce when we are trying to figure things out.

he is probably playing the futures market while we talking about an inch here or there :)

8 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i wish forky would open up.  i love his posts.  he chooses quality over quantity.  i just like having fun with you guys and sharing my photos but forky is a super smart guy.  i always think he’s got the secret sauce when we are trying to figure things out.

he is probably playing the futures market while we talking about an inch here or there :)

Agreed and judging by his avatar he’s doing well. Keep stirring, Will. The pot needs it. As always ……

• Rjay unpinned this topic