Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Got a STS and the statement (weather radio too) mentioned it due to a storm located over "Concordville" (Kamu?).

radar26-07082021.png

Yeah it was pretty intense. Started with some breezes and decent rain, then we heard a transformer blow, followed by the sound of roaring wind and small branches breaking. Got some thunder and lightning after that.

Since we sit on the porch facing NNW and it came from the south, it was pretty wild hearing all the noise from behind the house as it approached. My brother had called me to discuss Elsa, so I gave him the play by play.

Got 0.30" of rain, and it was pretty interesting, so I'm not feeling left out, lol. Plus the radar appears to be filling in a bit to the south.

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Yeah it was pretty intense. Started with some breezes and decent rain, then we heard a transformer blow, followed by the sound of roaring wind and small branches breaking. Got some thunder and lightning after that.

Since we sit on the porch facing NNW and it came from the south, it was pretty wild hearing all the noise from behind the house as it approached. My brother had called me to discuss Elsa, so I gave him the play by play.

Got 0.30" of rain, and it was pretty interesting, so I'm not feeling left out, lol. Plus the radar appears to be filling in a bit to the south.

Yeah that cell was pretty intense and was moving fast too.  I actually got clipped by it as it blasted its way north through the city, but it blew past pretty quick so I didn't get much more than a couple minute shower.

The convection blob from Elsa is slowly pushing north so am seeing that "filling in" ahead of it too.  Will have to see if any of that manages to pass over or near this area.

COD-GOES-East-regional-eastcoast.truecolor.20210708.230117-over=map-bars-truecolor-annotated-07082021.gif

27 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

LOL  Maybe the Delaware Bay disrupting the moisture feed? :lol:

Sure, lol. It is raining lightly here now. Whatever we get it's one of those evenings with a cool looking sky and that calm before the storm feeling (in my mind anyway, haha).

Eta, and a bit of a breeze picking up now to add to the effect : -).

3 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

You probably spent a long time baking it, so yeah.

Sure did and I'll never have that recipe again. Oh noooo...!

Elsa = showers, nothing more. If winter and cold, this would be a screw job for the burbs. Jersey get 1-2'+/wind, burbs 2-4"/3-6"...

72F / DP 70F

sj.jpg

• Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Sure did and I'll never have that recipe again. Oh noooo...!

Elsa = showers, nothing more. If winter and cold, this would be a screw job for the burbs. Jersey get 1-2'+/wind, burbs 2-4"/3-6"...

72F / DP 70F

sj.jpg

Lol... So do you think that you can take it? (We're working backwards here).

Still some light rain here, not much of a breeze.

Staying at the Hard Rock in AC and watching these tornado warnings creeping up the Delmarva.  Should be an interesting couple of hours, had the sideways wind driven rains with sheets of water against our 19th floor windows an hour ago. Starting to crank again now.   I know they’ve seen much worse here from hurricane passbys and Nor’easters but taking it all in with enthusiasm as personal business justhappened to bring us down here just in time for Elsa.

3 hours ago, NJHurricane said:

Staying at the Hard Rock in AC and watching these tornado warnings creeping up the Delmarva.  Should be an interesting couple of hours, had the sideways wind driven rains with sheets of water against our 19th floor windows an hour ago. Starting to crank again now.   I know they’ve seen much worse here from hurricane passbys and Nor’easters but taking it all in with enthusiasm as personal business justhappened to bring us down here just in time for Elsa.

Good spot to be.  One of my sisters and my niece were there not long ago before it was bought and converted to the Hard Rock.  I believe that is right across from Steel Pier.

Felt it approaching around 1:30 am (joint aches...lol).  They just threw up a TOR outside of the Tom's River area.  

Am currently up to 0.30" since yesterday and early this morning.  Currently light rain and 72 with dp 71 so steam alert.

radar6-07092021.png

kdix_20210709_0842_BR.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Sun out drying up all the rain, with some leftover clouds as the system moves away.  Got my 1/2" the past 2 days to tide the plants over for now. :lol:

Current temp is 73 with dp 70 so juicy out.  We may get something over the weekend from a cold front moving this way.

Very similar to here.  .50" of rain and pretty sunny now.  About 3" for the month so far.  Works for me.

I know how this will play out -- since Elsa was a nothing burger imby (and to be fair, most short-term guidance said that would be the case), the stuff coming through later today that no one is paying attention to will bring flooding rains, downed trees, power outages, flying cows, etc...

79F/DP 70F

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1