Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

7 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

You think that's bad...

image.thumb.png.18011a00e9031c54988ae8b58a9f485a.png

Lol...that's a mess.

The radar shows exactly how my day has gone. Some rain...then skies brighten/maybe some sun then rain...then skies brighten/maybe some sun then rain...then skies brighten/maybe some sun then rain..then skies brighten/maybe some sun then rain.

Good luck w/the Phils game at 4pm (already delayed)...with the ULL spinning and bringing showers down intermittently they'll never get the game in or multi delayed game. Radar looks like swiss cheese..   

ull.jpg

Getting "Florida-style" weather here now.  Sun comes out, temp jumps up, sun self-destructs, light rain drops commence, temp drops, clouds move away, sun comes out, wash, rinse, repeat.  That has made it downright humid in here and the fan is not helping (just turned on the ac again to maybe help dehumidify).  My tropical plants live this stuff though!  Currently light rain drops, 70, and partly sunny, with dp 63.

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Getting "Florida-style" weather here now.  Sun comes out, temp jumps up, sun self-destructs, light rain drops commence, temp drops, clouds move away, sun comes out, wash, rinse, repeat.  That has made it downright humid in here and the fan is not helping (just turned on the ac again to maybe help dehumidify).  My tropical plants live this stuff though!  Currently light rain drops, 70, and partly sunny, with dp 63.

Just had one of those here, could hear the rain in the trees across the street before it got here. Added 0.10" in 5 minutes, day total up to 0.70".

9 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Just had one of those here, could hear the rain in the trees across the street before it got here. Added 0.10" in 5 minutes, day total up to 0.70".

The stuff that has been nailing Birds had been fizzling before it gets down here although it has gotten dark and foreboding here again and I'm getting some light rain, but it had not been enough to be measurable yet.

And just like that, I had noticed that Birds had a "leaf" badge in his mouth and then it disappeared. Gone.  The Eagle had had enough. They're all gone and the stuff on the side is gone too! :lmao::thumbsup:

Temp is 69 here with splats starting to pick up enough to finally tip the bucket and am up to 0.04".

51 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

The stuff that has been nailing Birds had been fizzling before it gets down here although it has gotten dark and foreboding here again and I'm getting some light rain, but it had not been enough to be measurable yet.

And just like that, I had noticed that Birds had a "leaf" badge in his mouth and then it disappeared. Gone.  The Eagle had had enough. They're all gone and the stuff on the side is gone too! :lmao::thumbsup:

Temp is 69 here with splats starting to pick up enough to finally tip the bucket and am up to 0.04".

They also mostly fixed the "whitespace" issue.

Ended up with .96" of rain today! I think we're about done though. Nice, lazy day full of thunderstorms. Can we please have more like this!

17 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Ended up with .96" of rain today! I think we're about done though. Nice, lazy day full of thunderstorms. Can we please have more like this!

Yeah, they pretty much reverted most of it back to what it was except for the number of posts (which is reduced to how many "k"... lol).

Most of the pop-up storms either fizzled or literally just missed me.  I got some leftovers/fringe stuff that amounted to 0.08" (so far) but I won't complain.  That's less I'll have to water. :lol:

3 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Still screwed up here...probably 30%+ blank space.

62F

ws.jpg

• Weenie 1

6 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Still screwed up here...probably 30%+ blank space.

62F

ws.jpg

For some reason, the "width" issue got fixed in that Help forum's thread but not in ours and it was initially good when the badges were removed, but then reverted back again sans badges but with the gap.

Pretty amazing that there is a below-60 low in July.  My current temp is 59 with dp 58.  Had a little mist earlier but it has generally been clear to partly cloudy here as the sun rises (I know there is a dense fog advisory up for the NW 'burbs).

3 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Beautiful partly cloudy, 80°F and breezy, though just a little on the humid side. Dug in half-a-dozen plants and mowed the front (the back is still shaded, and therefore still soaking wet). Now I'm drenched and finished with yardwork for today.

Getting ready to mow here, 78F, dp 64. Gorgeous day.

5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Thundershowered on the parade here with that 30%, good to see the 2021 rain on the parade/party streak is intact 

Yep, absolute downpour here. Made it to 80F, now down to 67F. I can see blue skies and sun in the distance.

56 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

75F / DP 64F and little to zero breeze. Kinda stagnant.

You can definitely feel the increase in DPs...

Agreed. 71F here, tons of fireworks going off all over. The air is actually smoky, and none of our nextdoor neighbors are even setting any off. Pretty funny.

14 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Agreed. 71F here, tons of fireworks going off all over. The air is actually smoky, and none of our nextdoor neighbors are even setting any off. Pretty funny.

68F / DP 64F...no wind, clouds of smoke.

I swear it's a booze male ego thing. Once one person sets off a aerial display...sticks of dynamite. There's a pause...then the next neighbor has a larger display and more sticks of dynamite. And the wheel goes round and round..

Overall, good displays, loud bombs but could use a breeze...I mean it's dead calm. No breeze also means bugs gnats hanging around messing with me... 

• Weenie 1