Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

11 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

My high today so far has been 87 and it's currently 87 with dp 73.  And yeah that radar blob out west looks like it means business... if it doesn't fizzle before getting here.

radar26-07092021.png

The one on the Mason Dixon line certainly picked up in intensity over the past half hour. These are really slow-moving storms; I expect my parents down in Oxford are hearing non-stop rumbling right about now.

52 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Some healthy looking storms out west. JTA may have been on to something :huh:

Good luck...I don't see much punch moving E. 

Looking forward giving the A/C (electric) a break after this passes though w/a low in the mid 60s...

85F / DP 69F 

3 hours ago, RedSky said:

Some healthy looking storms out west. JTA may have been on to something :huh:

That guy is a moron!

Day after day of being under watches and warning -- even a tropical system traveling OVER south Jersey -- and all I have to show for it is .20". :axe:

May need to set up the sprinklers next week.

3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Didn't get much, kind of shape shifted into about 0.05" of rain and some rumbles of thunder. Getting comfortable out now, 74F, dp 69.

It was all swings and misses where I am.  Temp did drop down to 76 but dp is still 71.  Will have to get the cold front all the way past here enough for the drier air to trickle in... at least temporarily.

7 hours ago, JTA66 said:

That guy is a moron!

Day after day of being under watches and warning -- even a tropical system traveling OVER south Jersey -- and all I have to show for it is .20". :axe:

May need to set up the sprinklers next week.

I haven't seen so many watches/warnings issued and receiving zilch or .25" or less...time after time. It's almost to a point where when they issue watches/warnings I say "Lets grab some beer and BBQ"...

A/C taking a break, windows open...decently cool at 4am.

now.jpg

• Weenie 1

My low this morning was a degree warmer at 70 vs yesterday morning and it's been overcast much of the morning until about an hour ago when the sun started peaking through the clouds (some light returns have been funneling SW -> NE to the north and west of me this morning.

Currently 78 and mostly cloudy with breaks of sun and a dp of 72.