• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2021

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I think signing Harper has doomed them for awhile. 

and Rueben's idea was to win and win right away, it wasn't bad it worked in 2008 and they spent a ton of money in Free Agency and Trades to get the critical pieces back then. Now, they are spending dollars like Harper but don't have a complete team around him. Pitching is terrible outside of Nola and even he is up and down. Bullpen is horrible. I want them to go to the Moneyball approach like the A's did. 

Just now, paweather said:

and Rueben's idea was to win and win right away, it wasn't bad it worked in 2008 and they spent a ton of money in Free Agency and Trades to get the critical pieces back then. Now, they are spending dollars like Harper but don't have a complete team around him. Pitching is terrible outside of Nola and even he is up and down. Bullpen is horrible. I want them to go to the Moneyball approach like the A's did. 

Moneyball is more fun for the fans, IMO.   Plucky winners are easy to root on. 

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

Terrible slump this year, I like him but he isn't the same as when he was with the Pirates. 

I’ll always be grateful to him for giving me the chance to watch playoff baseball for probably the only time in my adult life, and he’s probably my favorite Pirate of all time, but man did his production mysteriously fall off a cliff at a young age. It’s understandable now that he’s almost 35, but it happened suddenly by the time he was 30.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The team I admire most in MLB? The Rays. Again this year they were largely discounted as they are every year...and look where they are...

Now real quick, someone fire off the starting 9. 

Yeah...I didn't think so. :) 

TB is red hot in general.  They cannot do attendance well there but man do they work wonders on small budgets in different sports. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The team I admire most in MLB? The Rays. Again this year they were largely discounted as they are every year...and look where they are...

YOU ARE EXACTLY SPOT ON! The Rays wow, and they have done that in the past as well and no I can't give you one name off the starting 9. I admire them for how they built that roster and compete as well as they do. 

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’ll always be grateful to him for giving me the chance to watch playoff baseball for probably the only time in my adult life, and he’s probably my favorite Pirate of all time, but man did his production mysteriously fall off a cliff at a young age. It’s understandable now that he’s almost 35, but it happened suddenly by the time he was 30.

Yes he did. Last year he was better until the ACL injury put him out for the season. He has fallen in performance and as you said at a younger age than what would think it would have been. He knows we are talking about him so in a month he will be over the 300 BA. :-)

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

TB is red hot in general.  They cannot do attendance well there but man do they work wonders on small budgets in different sports. 

7 minutes ago, paweather said:

YOU ARE EXACTLY SPOT ON! The Rays wow, and they have done that in the past as well and no I can't give you one name off the starting 9. I admire them for how they built that roster and compete as well as they do. 

Major league results with minor league vibe (attendance, star power, etc.) but they get it done. Have to nod your cap to 'em. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

It's the thing I dislike about the Red Sox.  Too much spending on players who are not always committed.  More fun back in the days of Jim Rice. 

dude. Xander, Devers, Verdugo are all amazing yo watch and very very cost-controlled (changes for Xander soon but still).   

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

dude. Xander, Devers, Verdugo are all amazing yo watch and very very cost-controlled (changes for Xander soon but still).   

I am a classic, old fashioned guy.   I was referring to the ilk of Carl Crawford and Pablo Sandoval. Since TB was brought up I thought of Crawford right away. 

51 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am a classic, old fashioned guy.   I was referring to the ilk of Carl Crawford and Pablo Sandoval. Since TB was brought up I thought of Crawford right away. 

I almost got kicked out of Camden yards in September 2011 for yelling at Carl Crawford. I came thisclose to jumping over a fence ….. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Moneyball is more fun for the fans, IMO.   Plucky winners are easy to root on. 

Moneyball is not fun for the fans when teams like the A’s and Ray’s trade away players when they get into their last 2 years of arbitration and their salary starts to increase too much for their small budget. 

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Lol... Don’t worry, their good players will be traded away before too long!

14 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Moneyball is not fun for the fans when teams like the A’s and Ray’s trade away players when they get into their last 2 years of arbitration and their salary starts to increase too much for their small budget. 

At the end of the day, the Royals have as many titles as the Yankees in the past 20 years. That’s incredible.

18 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Like NCAA.  Just when you get to know someone, they are gone.