• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

2 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Looking at the National Radar Mosaic it looks like Detroit is gonna be the sweet spot. I know it’s dangerous to project looking at radar but it sure looks like that dry slot is head straight for WNY... it’s already nearing Cleveland.

Can we not sweat the dry slot when it’s still in Kentucky? Lol. We have Hours and hours of heavy snow between now and then. I’m gonna try to enjoy it! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Can we not sweat the dry slot when it’s still in Kentucky? Lol. We have Hours and hours of heavy snow between now and then. I’m gonna try to enjoy it! :rolleyes:

Sure just trying to post observations that I’m seeing. Flake size is still absolutely atrocious here. Literally needles and sugar grains. Maybe nearing half an inch here now and I would say it’s still light snow borderline moderate. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Wow. That’s brutal. Now the question is how much ice are you going to get?  Could go from disappointing to downright dangerous. 

Yeah not good. Still only 26 degrees. Ice Storm Warning might be in order. Only saving grace might be if we get can get some heavier rates to either stunt the accretion rate or possibly mix with some sleet. But it's light and steady right now and icing everything over.

20 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

You guys aren’t kidding about Chicago. What a fantastic seeder feeder double whammy of synoptic and pure lake effect. That would be so intense. And over a massive metro area. Reed timmer should have chased that one. 

714F324D-5BE4-4074-AB67-C3A609ABE8F2.thumb.gif.1b3c082339f942badcc6bb9c28b150d8.gif

1/4 mile visibility at Midway in +SN and 1/2 at ORD. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I’m starting think the QPF is right but with sugar snow we see about 6-8”

Yep not a chance we see 12”+ here. This is some of the worst snow growth I’ve ever seen and it’s not getting better even with the better echos moving in. I think 6-8” sounds bout right. Definitely  disappointing but should have known better than to trust any of the Kuchie numbers being spit out the last day or two. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Furthermore, I don't even think that is the dry slot seeing as the Surface Low is south of it in Eastern TN.  That's just a ragged precip shield that should fill in nicely in the hours to come.  The dry slot hasn't really even developed yet.  

• Like 3