Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 25-26, 2021 Winter Event Discussion

ChescoWx

Just now, The Iceman said:

Target winter 2021-2022... Hopefully it won't be a nina. 

Seriously phl airport had a disaster last winter..odds favored a comeback this season.still 6 maybe 7 weeks left for snow.

If we get 2 minor events, puts phl around 12-14 for the season.

it’s entirely possible nothing occurs.

17 minutes ago, Animal said:

Seriously phl airport had a disaster last winter..odds favored a comeback this season.still 6 maybe 7 weeks left for snow.

If we get 2 minor events, puts phl around 12-14 for the season.

it’s entirely possible nothing occurs.

Lol it is a comeback winter all last year at PHL 0.7” we got 6.3 and 2 traces so far!  Yes, I know I know not what we want!  We want more and seasonal norms are 19.0-22” 

Lol, watching FOX29/Kathy Orr and her snowfall map was in decimals for snow accumulations. (Not sleet/freezing rain) Philly at .3", .5" for the immediate burbs and .7" further out (Pottstown) Just put a map up coating - 1". When you start talking decimals it sounds even more pathetic.... 

28F

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Lol, watching FOX29/Kathy Orr and her snowfall map was in decimals for snow accumulations. (Not sleet/freezing rain) Philly at .3", .5" for the immediate burbs and .7" further out (Pottstown) Just put a map up coating - 1". When you start talking decimals it sounds even more pathetic.... 

28F

We suck..!! Going on the road if there’s an event on weekend moving forward..3-4 hour drive

• Weenie 1

6 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

28F

It's a precious commodity these days.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

The more i look at the mesos for tomorrow, the more i get the feeling parts of the area are in for a rude awakening with freezing drizzle and light freezing rain with temps upper 20s to 30 most of the day.

Would that only be in the far burbs or places like us in the immediate burbs?

If anything, looks like like snow olut there w/the low clouds and cold.

27F

Last week when this event first popped up and we were all worried about suppression, in the back of my mind I was thinking watch Boston end up with more snow than us. Oh, and I love how the NAMs get the snow to the end of my street, then hit a brick wall and dry up.

But you have a point Ralph, looks like icy drizzle is a possibility tomorrow.

• Weenie 1

46 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Considering the municipalities have unleashes salt and brine hell already in my area including side streets, i doubt even freezing drizzle has much impact. You'd think we were gearing up for a major snowstorm in these parts...

They have a shit-load on hand so "they'll spare no expense". They barely used any last year or this year. I hate the wear and tear it takes on the car though.

Freezing drizzle/light frz rain at 30F won't have a chance to make a impact on roads. They'll be just wet. Untreated sidewalks maybe a little slick.

30F

• Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Likewise - my bar at this point is a ground whitener and the HRRR has it, for now at least. Might do a radar watching kettle fire tonight. I'll be out there till midnight sampling virga, lol.

I think you'll get that Kamu, you're actually in a pretty good spot to be thumped before the precip dies out. I wouldn't be surprised if you get 1-2"..