• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Ok...of all my years on here, I still don't know what SWFE is. They throw it around on the New England sub mucho times.

And in the BIG ones Freak and Wolfie start posting soundings and I’m all, “what the hell is that? Is it gonna snow?” Lol. These super weather nerds. They speak their own language. I’m a little jealous. 

• Haha 1

Ok...of all my years on here, I still don't know what SWFE is. They throw it around on the New England sub mucho times.

South west flow event. Basically a system coming from the SW...East of Ontario does hold the cold in longer during these type of events and I don't have to worry about the tug stealing moisture lol

• Like 1

Oops...never mind. Canadian brings high end warning to Onondaga county.

Just now, tim123 said:

That huge cutter is not on gfs any more. Next weeks shorts weather looks highly muted

You know BW combat this by finding some sort of anomaly map that shows the upper atmosphere 100 degrees above average....dreaming of muscled calves tanning by the pool on a warm February day.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

And in the BIG ones Freak and Wolfie start posting soundings and I’m all, “what the hell is that? Is it gonna snow?” Lol. These super weather nerds. They speak their own language. I’m a little jealous. 

I'm a super weather nerd but soundings are like chinese to me lol Freak knows his shit..

41 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

You are an optimist. 

Really? Covid cases are plummeting. Vaccines will be at 10 million a week. 2 new ones just got approved. Did you see how many confirmed infections there were from CDC? Between vaccines/cases we are literally near herd immunity now. Where I live Cuomo just lifted all restrictions besides wearing a mask.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I just drove by a bar tonight and its fully packed and no mask required unless walking around. The entire parking lot was full. I don't know I think summer things will be completely back to normal aside from wearing a mask.

This is the only chart that matters. I expect this to be pretty low by summer time. 3 waves just like in 1919. It fizzled out after the 3rd wave without vaccines back then.

https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/us-currently-hospitalized

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Really? Covid cases are plummeting. Vaccines will be at 10 million a week. 2 new ones just got approved. Did you see how many confirmed infections there were from CDC? Between vaccines/cases we are literally near herd immunity now. Where I live Cuomo just lifted all restrictions besides wearing a mask.

Things, I hope, will be improving by summer but back to normal?  That’s a stretch. You’ve been pushing herd immunity for a while but immunity from what?  New strains of the virus are popping up every day that might require immunity of their own. I hope I’m wrong but we won’t know how close to normal we’ll be until 2022. Believe me, my wife retired last February and we had plans to do a lot of traveling. I want nothing more than a return to normalcy. 

1 minute ago, CNY_WX said:

Things, I hope, will be improving by summer but back to normal?  That’s a stretch. You’ve been pushing herd immunity for a while but immunity from what?  New strains of the virus are popping up every day that might require immunity of their own. I hope I’m wrong but we won’t know how close to normal we’ll be until 2022. Believe me, my wife retired last February and we had plans to do a lot of traveling. I want nothing more than a return to normalcy. 

I mean I've already traveled a bunch in 2020. My traveling is in nature and in the woods hiking. We're on pace to have everyone vaccinated by fall at the latest. The new strains are not as deadly as the old ones. A covid cold doesn't cause hospitalizations to increase and that is what matters at this point. When I go to Alaska I'm hiking and exploring, not doing much else so my trip will be business as usual.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I just drove by a bar tonight and its fully packed and no mask required unless walking around. The entire parking lot was full. I don't know I think summer things will be completely back to normal aside from wearing a mask.

This is the only chart that matters. I expect this to be pretty low by summer time. 3 waves just like in 1919. It fizzled out after the 3rd wave without vaccines back then.

https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/us-currently-hospitalized

And with behavior like that the curve will be heading up again. 

3 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Big news flash. Nothing will go back to normal. Virus may be gone or not in news. But restrictions will stay on some form or another

1 minute ago, CNY_WX said:

And with behavior like that the curve will be heading up again. 

Impossible with vaccines, we can agree to disagree. 3 waves just like the 1919 virus had. It mutates to a weaker strain like most viruses do. Just like the flu virus is more potent some years than others. We will see what the numbers are in a few months. I expect it to be quite low. At least hospitalizations, which is the only thing that really matters. We shouldn't be locking everyone down for a common cold. My manager currently has covid, and its not even that bad for her.

I have a hunch it's going to be the Europeans vs. the Canadians, with the Americans in between. As much as I'd love the Canadian models to be right, I would have 150 inches on the season if they were this winter.

The King just got taken out by Dustin the Diamond.  Why can’t the weather King get taken out by a few underdogs?

• Haha 1