• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    acibarich
    Newest Member
    acibarich

Jan 11-12 Mississippi Mauler: Will it or won't it?

Was anyone else skeptical that a major storm would pull north out of the GOM and almost completely fall apart? I mean the computer mods can be as bad as our football program at times and you have to work hard to do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TWC also suggests a changeover to rain here but I doubt it. It said the storm the other day would start out as rain for a few hours as well but it was all snow here. Hopefully everyone on the forum can get a surprise hit today.

Screenshot_20210111-084440_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

TWC also suggests a changeover to rain here but I doubt it. It said the storm the other day would start out as rain for a few hours as well but it was all snow here. Hopefully everyone on the forum can get a surprise hit today.

Screenshot_20210111-084440_Gallery.jpg

I do too. Last system was to have rain involved and was an all snow event here.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Daniel Boone said:

I do too. Last system was to have rain involved and was an all snow event here.

I can see this melting fast if the sun decides to peek through later but hopefully it will surprise us all and snow all day.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Was anyone else skeptical that a major storm would pull north out of the GOM and almost completely fall apart? I mean the computer mods can be as bad as our football program at times and you have to work hard to do that.

If it was rain you can guarantee it would of stayed together and dumped 3+ inches of rain on us all.  Lmao.  I’m afraid Mother Nature wasted a great opportunity with this one for our forum.  That’s life though I guess

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Pouring in Bristol now. Early radar echoes all seemed mostly virga, but now seems like the column has moistened up enough for some moderate flakes. A nice surprise!

• Like 5

Future radar keeps pushing back the time to transition to rain. Earlier it was showing a transition imby around 930, it's still snowing lol

• Like 2

It seems to be easing up here now, but beautiful snow. It reminds me of a couple good winters in 2010 and 2011 when the last snow hadn't completely melted before more fell on top of it.

Screenshot_20210111-102823_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Vol4Life said:

Absolutely pouring snow right now in West Knoxville

Saw that in Radar. Doubt it makes it up here.  Looks like precips getting shunted up this way now. So, just over an inch prob. Be out Total.