• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 11-12 Mississippi Mauler: Will it or won't it?

John1122

37 minutes ago, John1122 said:

From about an hour ago. Steady snow since has given me about another 1/4th inch. 

KZclDu.md.jpg

KZle7S.jpg

KZlWLG.jpg

Nice John . Ur in a nice location there for snow within the area. Had a report of 1.5 in western Lee County.  Great to have you for reports from there as well as your historical data and insight buddy !

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Daniel Boone said:

Nice John . Ur in a nice location there for snow within the area. Had a report of 1.5 in western Lee County.  Great to have you for reports from there as well as your historical data and insight buddy !

Same to you and all the guys and ladies who post here.  These surprise events are always the best. Even though modeling was ticking up last night, it was just hard to believe it was going to work out. Schools here stayed open because forecasters kept saying it was going to switch to rain all morning. It's not a popular decision and back roads here are a mess. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Mixing with snow again here. Probably rate driven. 

I don't know we are seeing the end or if some of the stuff in Alabama and West Tennessee will make it here this evening. Seeing people in Alabama who have 3 inches and are getting some of their heaviest rates of the event right now.

• Like 2

Just now, John1122 said:

I don't know we are seeing the end or if some of the stuff in Alabama and West Tennessee will make it here this evening. Seeing people in Alabama who have 3 inches and are getting some of their heaviest rates of the event right now.

Yeah I’m thinking we might get some more later on. 

• Like 1

It stopped for a while but steady light snow has moved back into the area. Temp is holding steady at 32.8. The sun will set for me in about an hour and 20 minutes. But likely won't see any additional accums unless the rates really pick up. I do not however, expect to switch to rain at any point at this point.

8 hours ago, John1122 said:

That band north of Nashville has had some pretty good reflectivity this afternoon. I  hope some of our posters in that area at least got something nice to look at.

I drove to work from whitehouse to Portland and I’m pretty sure the area right in the middle of my commute probably got an inch to an inch and a half of snow. When I was driving home around 11:30 it looked like everything was covered. I’ll be interested to see reports from there because unfortunately it will probably be melted by 3:30 when I’m driving back through on Tuesday. Portland probably got a half inch and White House maybe 0.10 - 0.20. The sweet spot was right in the middle of these areas though. Very hard to tell at night though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic