Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

A surprise pop up 

Flood Advisory National Weather Service New York NY 556 PM EDT Sun Jul 25 2021 NYC071-252330- /O.NEW.KOKX.FA.Y.0078.210725T2156Z-210725T2330Z/ /00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/ Orange NY- 556 PM EDT Sun Jul 25 2021 The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a * Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for Poor Drainage Areas for... Northeastern Orange County in southeastern New York... * Until 730 PM EDT. * At 556 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. This will cause urban and small stream flooding. Overflowing poor drainage areas will cause minor flooding in the advisory area. Between 1 and 1.5 inches of rain have fallen. * Some locations that will experience flooding include... Walden, Gardnertown, Montgomery, Scotchtown, Orange Lake, Washingtonville, Maybrook, Pine Bush, Circleville and Bullville. Additional rainfall amounts of 0.5 to 1 inch are expected over the area. This additional rain will result in minor flooding.

Special Weather Statement National Weather Service New York NY 543 PM EDT Sun Jul 25 2021 NYZ067-068-252230- Putnam-Orange- 543 PM EDT Sun Jul 25 2021 ...A CLUISTER OF STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WILL AFFECT NORTHEASTERN ORANGE AND WESTERN PUTNAM COUNTIES... At 542 PM EDT, an area of thunderstorms located near Montgomery, or near Walden, moving east at 20 mph. Winds in excess of 30 mph are possible with this storm. Locations impacted include... Newburgh, Walden, West Point, Cold Spring, New Windsor, Gardnertown, Montgomery, Woodbury, Orange Lake, Washingtonville, Firthcliffe, Highland Falls, Vails Gate, Balmville and Cornwall On Hudson.

1 hour ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

A surprise pop up 

Flood Advisory National Weather Service New York NY 556 PM EDT Sun Jul 25 2021 NYC071-252330- /O.NEW.KOKX.FA.Y.0078.210725T2156Z-210725T2330Z/ /00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/ Orange NY- 556 PM EDT Sun Jul 25 2021 The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a * Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for Poor Drainage Areas for... Northeastern Orange County in southeastern New York... * Until 730 PM EDT. * At 556 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. This will cause urban and small stream flooding. Overflowing poor drainage areas will cause minor flooding in the advisory area. Between 1 and 1.5 inches of rain have fallen. * Some locations that will experience flooding include... Walden, Gardnertown, Montgomery, Scotchtown, Orange Lake, Washingtonville, Maybrook, Pine Bush, Circleville and Bullville. Additional rainfall amounts of 0.5 to 1 inch are expected over the area. This additional rain will result in minor flooding.

Special Weather Statement National Weather Service New York NY 543 PM EDT Sun Jul 25 2021 NYZ067-068-252230- Putnam-Orange- 543 PM EDT Sun Jul 25 2021 ...A CLUISTER OF STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WILL AFFECT NORTHEASTERN ORANGE AND WESTERN PUTNAM COUNTIES... At 542 PM EDT, an area of thunderstorms located near Montgomery, or near Walden, moving east at 20 mph. Winds in excess of 30 mph are possible with this storm. Locations impacted include... Newburgh, Walden, West Point, Cold Spring, New Windsor, Gardnertown, Montgomery, Woodbury, Orange Lake, Washingtonville, Firthcliffe, Highland Falls, Vails Gate, Balmville and Cornwall On Hudson.

It was a real gully washer but nothing like Julian had last week, 1.27” from those cells. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Smoke wasn't bad at all today but the mugginess... Blech. 

Garden was looking a bit dry this morning so I gave it a good soaking, now it looks like some wetness is headed this way. I hope I wasn't too quick with the hose. How much you wanna bet that rain gets here right after I light the grill? lol 

Mother Nature just wants to make sure you dont start a fire lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

This decaying MCS has some thickness to it. A lot to burn off, not looking  good for for severe up this way at this time.

We may get socked in for a good solid while, if it ever breaks. Still not above 70F yet at 10:45 

edit: just as I say this the sun is attempting to peek out again, but definitely won’t get the job done to get any substantial clearing going. The rain shield is drawing ever closer and it’ll get to me by 2 PM.

40 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

We may get socked in for a good solid while, if it ever breaks. Still not above 70F yet at 10:45 

edit: just as I say this the sun is attempting to peek out again, but definitely won’t get the job done to get any substantial clearing going. The rain shield is drawing ever closer and it’ll get to me by 2 PM.

Just had a light rain shower here. Cloud deck is low. 74/68

It tried to clear over me but the really thin clouds were to my east. The light under and across that part of the cloud deck turned yellow/green for a few minutes and some storms fired up and moved off to the NE quickly. It's rumbling and breezy with the occasional windblown raindrop and very muggy. My garden beds are  dry 2" down and parched at 4" (again). One the upside I pulled over 5 pounds of potatoes today :) Gonna plant more now.

2 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

It tried to clear over me but the really thin clouds were to my east. The light under and across that part of the cloud deck turned yellow/green for a few minutes and some storms fired up and moved off to the NE quickly. It's rumbling and breezy with the occasional windblown raindrop and very muggy. My garden beds are  dry 2" down and parched at 4" (again). One the upside I pulled over 5 pounds of potatoes today :) Gonna plant more now.

Love gardeners.

They are the truth squad in the climate wars. Can't claim cooling if the beans fill in a couple of weeks earlier than previously.

Here in NYC our first Day Lilies blossomed around June 20th, they usually are an Independence Day phenomenon.

• Thanks 2