Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

39 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

That would really depend on when this thing stops moving WNW and turns to the N or NE wouldn't it? I'd be ok if it just moved out or fizzled...

It's pretty much fully involved with the upper trough now. Circulation is getting diffuse, but as best I can tell from surface obs, it's near New London now which implies a heading just north of due west. If you believe the GFS (and I do), the post-tropical low is stalled out over the eastern Cats by sunrise tomorrow.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

It's pretty much fully involved with the upper trough now. Circulation is getting diffuse, but as best I can tell from surface obs, it's near New London now which implies a heading just north of due west. If you believe the GFS (and I do), the post-tropical low is stalled out over the eastern Cats by sunrise tomorrow.

Agreed, look at how far west into PA the one band is

• Like 1

I've had some moderate to very occasionally heavy rain but it's mostly been pretty light and steady most of the day. Up to ~.8 around the hill. We were out for a while earlier and there's some damage, power was out in most of the Carmel shopping district from a downed power line and there were a few rotten branches down but that's it. 

Of all the places a hurricane could end up in, central CT and moving WNW is not where I would have expected. Weather is a trip...

41 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

I got almost that much last hour -ish.

That deathband that has set up east to west along the NY/NJ border and lower westchester is causing some mayhem down in your area.

Flash Flood Warning National Weather Service New York NY 451 PM EDT Sun Aug 22 2021 The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a * Flash Flood Warning for... Bergen County in northeastern New Jersey... Northern Essex County in northeastern New Jersey... Passaic County in northeastern New Jersey... Bronx County in southeastern New York... New York (Manhattan) County in southeastern New York... Southeastern Orange County in southeastern New York... Rockland County in southeastern New York... Southern Westchester County in southeastern New York... * Until 845 PM EDT. * At 451 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain across the warned area. Between 2 and 4 inches of rain have fallen. Additional rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches are possible in the warned area. Flash flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly.

230600- Tropical Storm Henri Local Statement Advisory Number 28 National Weather Service New York NY AL082021 548 PM EDT Sun Aug 22 2021 This product covers Southeast New York, Northeast New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut **HENRI WEAKENS A LITTLE MORE WHILE MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD ACROSS CENTRAL CONNECTICUT** NEW INFORMATION --------------- * CHANGES TO WATCHES AND WARNINGS: - The Tropical Storm Warning has been cancelled for Northeast Suffolk, Northern Fairfield, Northern Middlesex, Northern Nassau, Northern New Haven, Northern New London, Northern Westchester, Northwest Suffolk, Southeast Suffolk, Southern Fairfield, Southern Middlesex, Southern Nassau, Southern New Haven, Southern New London, Southern Westchester, and Southwest Suffolk * CURRENT WATCHES AND WARNINGS: - None * STORM INFORMATION: - About 100 miles northeast of New York City NY or about 50 miles northwest of Montauk Point NY - 41.6N 72.4W - Storm Intensity 40 mph - Movement West-northwest or 290 degrees at 7 mph SITUATION OVERVIEW ------------------ At 5 PM EDT, the center of Tropical Storm Henri was located near Colchester CT. Henri is moving toward the west-northwest near 7 mph, and on its forecast track, Henri is expected to slow down further and possibly stall near the Connecticut-New York border tonight, then move across northern Connecticut or southern Massachusetts by Monday afternoon. The main threat from Henri is now heavy rain capable of producing flash flooding. The threat of rough seas, high surf, and dangerous rip currents continues at the ocean beaches. Widespread rainfall of 3 to 6 inches is forecast in the path of Henri with localized higher amounts possible. The highest amounts are forecast to occur across the lower Hudson Valley western Connecticut, and northeast New Jersey.

9 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Henri's LLC was near Torrington at the day's last visible satellite frames. There's also some kind of mesoscale circulation over southern Orange that appears to be enhancing precip rates. Little spokes of heavier echoes rotating around it

ffowkrC.gif

Yup, agree with the enhancement. With the slow movement , I think it’s spin and dump time here