Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

30 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Mowing the lawn at 1 pm was a terrible decision.

28 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I did mine yesterday after work...I looked like I had been in a pool all day...I had chaffing too!

27 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

It sucks having to mow the lawn every 5 days at the end of August. Bring back the drought.

Good late afternoon all. My lost love would, as per a yearly August tradition, prepare an old Italian favorite, wine and peaches. I hadn’t had it in five years. My daughter surprised me with a container she made, right at the beginning of the current hot spell. I put it in the fridge not having any desire for it. I read your posts just now, looked out at my grassless postage stamp and went straight to the fridge. I will enjoy, feel better and remember. Thank you all. As always .…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

It sucks having to mow the lawn every 5 days at the end of August. Bring back the drought.

I did it a week ago, was away for a few days. I legitimately cant remember the last time I had to stop mowing to clean out the underside of the mower in august. My grass looks like its May.

32 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good late afternoon all. My lost love would, as per a yearly August tradition, prepare an old Italian favorite, wine and peaches. I hadn’t had it in five years. My daughter surprised me with a container she made, right at the beginning of the current hot spell. I put it in the fridge not having any desire for it. I read your posts just now, looked out at my grassless postage stamp and went straight to the fridge. I will enjoy, feel better and remember. Thank you all. As always .…

Enjoy. Hoping to make a couple last batches of zucchini muffins tonight - they're my quintessential summertime treat. With the exception of tomatoes, most veggies are on their last legs as disease and pest pressure reach peak levels.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Very nice, enjoy my friend!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Jumped right into my pool the minute i was done. Didnt even feel all that refreshing lol

I think today was worse for me as I decided to get into an insulated jumpsuit and start chopping down the mile-a-minute that has taken off in the phragmites…I such a dumbass

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah the bugs are a bit worse but still manageable and most things are still growing and doing ok. We are going out of town for 3 days though so it will be unattended... 

I hate all these horseflies it's all a bunch of BS.  I'm spraying everywhere to get rid of this insect overpopulation.

2 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Well, on the bright side, it can’t get much worse.

For me the bright side is that it was worse on the OBX last week so this doesn’t feel as bad as it did therebut @BxEngine and @Juliancolton can have this weather, I’m ready for lesser dews <as Forky lets out another evil laugh>

15 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Of course! Chocolate. The Dutchess County Dairy Committee took it over from 4H which is a little bit of a bummer, but at least it still goes towards local ag and not like Dairy Queen or something.

WTH!  At least they still have them.  If one goes to the DC fair they must get one. I’ve sunk enough money in the beer tent next to the music stage there that I think the vollies were able to get a new rig. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

WTH!  At least they still have them.  If one goes to the DC fair they must get one. I’ve sunk enough money in the beer tent next to the music stage there that I think the vollies were able to get a new rig. 

I met up with my dad and we watched the DCSO K9 demonstration from the tent. Hard to beat a cold one while watching the good doggies eat some people :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Is it too soon to discuss the various leathery worn out shades of green the leaves have taken on and the early droppers that have littered parts of the lawn?  Please advise. 

Good afternoon Irish. No problem as long as you don’t mention sun angle. As always ….

• Haha 1