• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zurn
    Newest Member
    zurn

Christmas Eve/Christmas 2020 Arctic Express Snow Obs.

I am sure areas to the East will do much better but it's hard to beat getting to see these huge flakes falling while red birds fill the apple tree by my feeder in the daylight.  Daylight snow is just rare here any more. 

• Like 7

Looking at current radar the western edge seems further west than had been modeled by most models to my untrained eye. I was worried I would miss the synoptic snow all together but it's just pouring snow here.01a34a4c7133c7aec907f0ee9ae7cf2c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'm about to officially reach white Christmas status. Closing in on an inch already. Currently visibility is approximately 700 feet. I think I may bust high on the MRX call map if I can maintain this for even another hour. Not counting and potential banding or anything like that. 

• Like 3

Sticking nicely here looking up the ridge behind my house. I'm noticing there are heavier bands that really pick up rates that seem to move through every 15 minutes or so like pulses. Occasionally get a good wind gust and it looks like a northern snowstorm with wind blown snow. Now down to 30.cad35d70e239bbf4085e0f8ef49b50e0.jpg&key=565079b4c9bc6c2f33fd00a9df2316280ebc035076f731e60ef30034968e7edf

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, McMinnWx said:

Still snowing hard in Athens. I’m a little surprised they’ve not done a WWA for us. 

Agreed