Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western Pa / Pittsburgh area Winter Discussion ❄️☃️

north pgh

7 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

For once, all the trends are going are way! Usually this is the point where we go from an 8-12 event to 2 inches lol. What storm was it two years ago up until the morning of NWS was calling 6-12 and it rained?

January 19? 2019 maybe... We got all rain and Youngstown received a foot of snow

4 minutes ago, jwilson said:

Yeah, the GFS isn't as good as the mesos for PIT, but it bumped up considerably from 6Z to 12Z.  A nasty gradient in the county from West to East.

6zv12z-1.png.ea27c9bdc76e2ac7073bd6bb27fc1d6c.png

That's a pretty significant bump, one more like that would likely push the gradient out of Allegheny County. Looks like it's slowly caving towards the Euro. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

The trend is all that matters in my opinion. It didn't go further south east it bumped closer to us. I'm curious to see what the Euro is gonna show. I'm hoping to see a NAM like result. 

Yeah, it seems that the trend of all the guidance provides us with at least a region wide 4-6" snowfall now. However < 10" is becoming more possible for the metro.

11 minutes ago, ChalkHillSnowNut said:

Where do I go to find the upper level low placement?

It varies based on where you are getting the data, two places I use most frequently are pivotal and tropical tidbits. On Tidbits when you are looking at the model data click on the "Upper Dynamics" / "Lower Dynamics" button to view panels other than surface / precipitation etc.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

When will NWS Pittsburgh update?  All this data and they’re still on the update from 4 am.

I doubt we will see them go much higher than an incremental bump. Which is fine at this stage, I'm ok with watching the models for an overperformer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dj3 said:

I doubt we will see them go much higher than an incremental bump. Which is fine at this stage, I'm ok with watching the models for an overperformer.

Id rather have Jeff V say on the news we are getting some snow showers and accumulating like 2-4 and we get a foot. 

• Like 3