Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

57 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

When all is said and done we're probably looking at a 2-4 event here. 

Im not liking the looks of this at all for us man!! Figures, will we get burnt yet again...probly lol. Really sux doesn't it. Run after run after run looks good then bam, screw you nw arkansas lol. Eh I dont even know what to say, these lil non mentioned events pop out more for us then these overhyped things do haha

• Like 1

I am concerned by the fact that Tulsa went warning for everyone except NWA, and the fact that SGF isn't forecasting enough snow to meet the threshold for a watch/warning. I suppose SGF could issue one for below the threshold with other factors (cold, and blowing snow) but the fact that their is a warning to the west, and a watch to the east, doesnt give me a ton of hope that SGF is going to pull the trigger.

2 minutes ago, MUWX said:

I am concerned by the fact that Tulsa went warning for everyone except NWA, and the fact that SGF isn't forecasting enough snow to meet the threshold for a watch/warning. I suppose SGF could issue one for below the threshold with other factors (cold, and blowing snow) but the fact that their is a warning to the west, and a watch to the east, doesnt give me a ton of hope that SGF is going to pull the trigger.

TSA is holding off on warning for NW AR because of timing only.

Just now, Wx 24/7 said:

I hadn't seen that, but I think they have a lower threshold than SGF does though. If I remember correctly, Tulsa is 4" per event while SGF is 6". Hopefully the AFD will provide some insight soon. 

7 minutes ago, Wx 24/7 said:

From TSA in their disco.

Since impacts will probably hold off
until after 12Z Sunday, northwest Arkansas will remain in a watch.
While the exact details will continue to change with new data,
overall the message remains the same. This system will be a big
deal, and will likely cause significant travel impacts.

18 minutes ago, MUWX said:

Hopefully their AFD has more detail into their thoughts than this morning's. 

We haven’t really discussed the typically NW shift that often occurs 24-48 hours out.  We’re right in that timeframe now.  I know you KC folks want to see that!  Thoughts anyone? 

Like many of you, I’m nervous since we’ve been watching this for days (but it feels like weeks!) and the models had huge totals that are now trickling downward some.  The chances of this being a swing and a miss are extremely low.  
The GFS has been steady.  The Euro looked solid.  Canadian moved our direction.  No need to panic (I’m talking to myself) on one run of the NAM that still wasn’t a total train wreck.  

If things hold steady we’ll be getting excited by this time tomorrow.  Now, where is my brown paper bag before I hyperventilate!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

We haven’t really discussed the typically NW shift that often occurs 24-48 hours out.  We’re right in that timeframe now.  I know you KC folks want to see that!  Thoughts anyone? 

Like many of you, I’m nervous since we’ve been watching this for days (but it feels like weeks!) and the models had huge totals that are now trickling downward some.  The chances of this being a swing and a miss are extremely low.  
The GFS has been steady.  The Euro looked solid.  Canadian moved our direction.  No need to panic (I’m talking to myself) on one run of the NAM that still wasn’t a total train wreck.  

If things hold steady we’ll be getting excited by this time tomorrow.  Now, where is my brown paper bag before I hyperventilate!  

I hopefully it is fully sampled by the 12z run tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

Don’t worry it’s gonna be impressive down that way

3 minutes ago, Wx 24/7 said:

SGF says only 3-6" of snow with max snow ratios of 16:1 as the event ends. No Winter Storm Watch. Interesting...

Yep. Based on the graphics they have been putting out this afternoon, this is what I expected. At least we got a solid AFD this time.