• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall/Winter Banter - Football, Basketball, Snowball?

John1122

I know it's not been this way for everyone but for me this winter has been 10,000 times better than the last few. I went 4 weeks in the heart of winter with barely a flake the last few years. This year it's snowing at least some around every 4-7 days and I'm at a little over 14 inches on the season and we still have 3 weeks of very prime snow climo. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Super Sunday Snow Weenie alert. I am probably going to Nooga for the Super Bowl once again this weekend. Historically there's a 70 percent chance of at least one inch of snow falling 40 and north when I'm there on Super Bowl weekend. 

Seen it happen many times.  Hoping you pull through for us again this year bro.  :guitar:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, John1122 said:

Super Sunday Snow Weenie alert. I am probably going to Nooga for the Super Bowl once again this weekend. Historically there's a 70 percent chance of at least one inch of snow falling 40 and north when I'm there on Super Bowl weekend. 

The analog is strong with these travel plans.  LOL.  So true, man!

2 minutes ago, Bigbald said:

Once and for all, it's tough being a snow weenie in the upper south

There's no doubt about that.  lol  Always good to see new newer members posting on these boards.

I will say this about it being tough..................... if we saw snow every day I don't think we'd appreciate it near as much when it happened.  I absolutely love snow, but have family from Minnesota/Wisconsin.  I remember several times in my youth, spending a couple of weeks there at a time in the winter (around Christmas).  After being elated the first week or so of having snow, fatigue started setting in wanting to see the grass again.  I think it was then I figured out the chase and realizing a snow storm as it was happening was the most special part.  Snow just laying on the ground (to me) got old pretty quick.  lol

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tnweathernut said:

There's no doubt about that.  lol  Always good to see new newer members posting on these boards.

I will say this about it being tough..................... if we saw snow every day I don't think we'd appreciate it near as much when it happened.  I absolutely love snow, but have family from Minnesota/Wisconsin.  I remember several times in my youth, spending a couple of weeks there at a time in the winter (around Christmas).  After being elated the first week or so of having snow, fatigue started setting in wanting to see the grass again.  I think it was then I figured out the chase and realizing a snow storm as it was happening was the most special part.  Snow just laying on the ground (to me) got old pretty quick.  lol

I will take my chances........

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Bigbald said:

Epic winter for the high country of upper east tn but damn it feels paltry at the base for places like kingsport/gc/gray.  I would much rather have 2 7 inch snows over 14 nickel and dimers.  

Yeah, I guess it’s all about perspective.  As I get older, the small snows seem to be more of a nuisance, but I also know there are a bunch of people over in west, southeast, and middle TN on our forum that would trade places with me in a heartbeat.

5 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

Yeah, I guess it’s all about perspective.  As I get older, the small snows seem to be more of a nuisance, but I also know there are a bunch of people over in west, southeast, and middle TN on our forum that would trade places with me in a heartbeat.

Good points, and I am totally speaking anecdotally right now, maybe it's been better than my memory is telling me (I can't even rem december).  I will say this, it has definitely and consistently felt like winter here as opposed to the two previous.  

• Like 1

Just now, PowellVolz said:

Big win for Tennessee last night.

Yeah, no doubt.  Been waiting on Barnes to turn the freshmen loose.  Definitely good to see them take over last night.   Them doing what they did will likely help Fulkerson, Pons, and James down the stretch on offense.  

Hope we see them perform with consistency from here on out.  This one game good one game bad stuff has to stop.  lol

• Like 1

I’m about to turn my bonus room into a UT room and build book shelves. I was going through a few things getting my stuff sorta organized. Here’s just a few things I have. I’ve probably got 75-100 pieces to put in the built in cabinets I’m going to make.

561411b2c88e69a7dcb209035bc99d58.jpg&key=197841ecbca78d1c1a82cc997893722fa0e640deb3d4e689ff9faf4feac0cf36

ba14ca8c61fd2e513aeaca7ceae1343e.jpg&key=bd0e459b346791d75c809dee0ac07a3b7b438228d847e1e3163786942a7e08a5

551083e0217801ca97f783ca9b2e8645.jpg&key=87ebeb20b1af091461e5bc68f17e6153c850823468f59d1c1a7018da86988c46

89d49f2e71979ca84852e3dd1761f436.jpg&key=d895cb9cd54ef081f6e9363c453ced4881fd8498407fef448963d6d3ae858f1e

67ca98e4e79453e83209e07fbb0e4620.jpg&key=4f8f08f11c9c27daaa114d6a8e334fcc2c97aeb4ca666131467398c5418ffaa8

8a39f77a9fe856fac435e0f0ba965266.jpg

• Like 6

Wow that's an impressive collection of Tennessee gear from model planes to a car! Hope is alive and well with the basketball program. Vols are my Final Four team. 

I don't see Kansas past the first weekend. Meanwhile the KC Chiefs lose and the weather systems keep cutting. One year ago with the Chattanooga Saturday snow and the Chiefs win. What a difference a year makes.

Guess look forward to Tennessee in March and severe weather in April.

• Like 1

Wow I did not realize that. Especially the Rupp stats. Kentucky, Kansas and Duke are all in a world of hurt this year. Blue bloods are bleeding out, lol!
At least you got snow up there. Congrats! 

There isn’t a player on Tennessee’s team that has lost at Rupp. Barnes is the only active coach to win 3 games at Rupp

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

There isn’t a player on Tennessee’s team that has lost at Rupp. Barnes is the only active coach to win 3 games at Rupp

Actually, Fulky and Yves have both been on teams that lost at Rupp.  In the 2018/2019 season, UK defeated UT in Lexington.

UT has won 3 of the last four there, though.

Actually, Fulky and Yves have both been on teams that lost at Rupp.  In the 2018/2019 season, UK defeated UT in Lexington. UT has won 3 of the last four there, though.

Just going off of this.

Edit: never mind. Just saw the disclaimer at the bottom. They got me.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

That’s just a couple of items I have. I’ve got a good sized closet packed full of boxes with Tennessee “stuff” in it.

Yep...I've built up quite a collection over the years, too...hard to let go of that stuff. I've got quite a collection of VHS tapes from the 80s and 90s, a lot with John Ward dubbed in...great memories.

BTW, I like your posts on VQ too....you do a great job!

• Like 1