• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tuesday but primarily Wednesday potential pockets excessive rain-wet microbursts Wednesday 2PM-10PM

wdrag

17 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Looks like a nice solid drink of water for the plants coming 

Yeah, it's been pouring here for awhile. Some thunder and some 25 to 30mph wind gusts, but the main thing is the plants are getting much needed water. The rain is now tapering off and we have close to three quarters of an inch of rain here, the most we've had in Piscataway in a long time. Glad I can finally stop watering the vegetable garden.

• Like 2

Just now, winterwx21 said:

Yeah, it's been pouring here for awhile. Some thunder and some 25 to 30mph wind gusts, but the main thing is the plants are getting much needed water. The rain is now tapering off and we have close to three quarters of an inch of rain here, the most we've had in Piscataway in a long time. Glad I can finally stop watering the vegetable garden.

Yep. Absolutely pouring here currently with thunder and lightning. I’m glad I can keep the sprinkler off for another day 

So in summary,  yesterday was a relative bust in northern NJ. Maybe this activity was hooked on orographic (e PA, se NYS?), or a boundary that I couldn't easily discern. No SVR, just good rain as per the graphics added.  Isolated 4+ per digital and DIX radar (red's), and while no NWS-CoCORAHS published 4+ reports yesterday, suspect near Newburgh, New Windsor in se NYS and also se PA near Pottstown. Modest storms in NJ had decent outflows (pushing south) but apparently the modeled tempered expectations near I80 were the correct idea. Added 3 day total as the last graphic...definitely short of 5+ expected in Monday's post,  partly because yesterdays occurred just too far north. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 9.04.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 10.11.02 AM.png

Screen_Shot_2020-07-09_at_12_12.23_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2020-07-09_at_10_12.28_AM.png

4 hours ago, Poker2015 said:

wow, got more than I did...lol

Its funny, I'm near Whiton School.  My girls had softball practice at Old Town Park that didn't get cancelled.  I saw someone's gauge there had .21"  I guess I got a little lucky.  

5 hours ago, FPizz said:

Its funny, I'm near Whiton School.  My girls had softball practice at Old Town Park that didn't get cancelled.  I saw someone's gauge there had .21"  I guess I got a little lucky.  

I'm 1/4 mile from Old Town Park...I'd say .21" was the high end...

Last week our friends on Tanglewood said they got a huge downpour...I said when? We didn't get a drop...so isolated...

I might be starting a Branchburg weather group on Facebook...

11 hours ago, Poker2015 said:

I'm 1/4 mile from Old Town Park...I'd say .21" was the high end...

Last week our friends on Tanglewood said they got a huge downpour...I said when? We didn't get a drop...so isolated...

I might be starting a Branchburg weather group on Facebook...

Very nice.  If you do let me know.