Total Members
    Most Online
    LostInSomers
    Newest Member
    LostInSomers

July Discobs 2020

20 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

thoughts going into August?

Looks seasonal starting Thursday or Friday and then into the first week of the month. Here’s hoping. 

1st heat related death of the year in Baltimore today.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Looks seasonal starting Thursday or Friday and then into the first week of the month. Here’s hoping. 

1st heat related death of the year in Baltimore today.

12z GFS is wet through the first few days of August, esp along I-95 and east.

32 consecutive 90+ days at CHO

Incidentally, why has CHO been so much warmer (relative to their own averages) over the past few years?  I've noticed if surrounding stations are, say, at +2 for a monthly average, CHO will almost always be a +4 or +5.  It's been a very consistent phenomena for a few years now.

9 minutes ago, Inverted_Trough said:

32 consecutive 90+ days at CHO

Incidentally, why has CHO been so much warmer (relative to their own averages) over the past few years?  I've noticed if surrounding stations are, say, at +2 for a monthly average, CHO will almost always be a +4 or +5.  It's been a very consistent phenomena for a few years now.

more development around the airport along 29?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

holy hell was it hot today. And right now. Yuck. 

Definitely a hot one but the humidity wasn't awful but hot nonetheless. I worked a 10 hour day down in Catonsville outside  installing a upgraded electrical service.  I went through all 8 water bottles I had and 2 sodas . Definitely dragging ass tonight .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Weather Will said:

WB 18z GFS.  Rain/snow line about 4,000 miles NNE by mid August.BAB968B5-6A39-468F-863E-2086B1203E13.thumb.png.da41ecb47741e722de9f50b4368c4ecb.png

4000 miles puts you on the other side of the globe. 70 north is about 2100 miles north of us

8 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

4000 miles puts you on the other side of the globe. 70 north is about 2100 miles north of us

Sorry, Kilometers....I feel better now, already half way there!

• Haha 2

Got day 26 90+. Looks like we are destined for 28, which is a solid gain on the old record of 25 in 2011. Will be a tough one to beat... at least a couple years maybe. 

Avg high temp second hottest on record behind 2011 to date. Looks like it'll be a photo finish for second on the overall average. So much for the heat being lame. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow! Mother nature really knows how to shut the door in your face. Rain is struggling to get north of DC.  Shower trajectory looks promising and then they just evaporate. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just saw op Euro . Pretty decent rain chances late week through the weekend .

GFS has been advertising a wet period, but more so for southern parts of the area. 18z moved the heavy precip totals a bit north though. With a stalled front hanging just to the south and some ul perturbations moving through, there should be some chances.

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Enjoy the coolness tomorrow. Only 90 with dp maybe under 70.

At least we're not in the middle east where the dews are in the mid-upper 80s in some spots with temps still in the low to mid 90s. Dangerously hot to live there and it's only gonna get worse with AGW.