• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LostInSomers
    Newest Member
    LostInSomers

Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

Just now, pasnownut said:

Yeah just checked the radar and it looks like you can add a few to that.  Hope this isnt virtual rain (like much of late).  We all need the real deal.

good luck and TGIFF.

Nutter

Is that the R rated version of TGIF?

• Haha 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Eric Horst just announced his retirement as director Meteorology at MU. He's going to do some weather consulting and expand on his rock climbing business. Our area will miss his local expertise, and no one in here will have to listen to me any longer about him. :( 

Wait - he did say that he'll continue to talk weather on Twitter. :) 

Thank goodness he is staying on Twitter otherwise we would become even less grounded looking at GFS snow maps. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Eric Horst just announced his retirement as director Meteorology at MU. He's going to do some weather consulting and expand on his rock climbing business. Our area will miss his local expertise, and no one in here will have to listen to me any longer about him. :( 

Wait - he did say that he'll continue to talk weather on Twitter. :) 

Gosh we lose Matt Moore and now Horst. :(

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wmsptwx said:

Lol got a trace, better than usual.

I was going to post that you might have incoming about an hour ago but then noticed the radar did look a little "South Easterly" as to its direction and chances of you seeing it. 

Looking SW that storm down past Carlisle looks dark as hell. 

We've got some thunder and nice rain, a little gusty even. Looks like it'll last a while too. 

8 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Just beat the storm home.  Little wind but the rain is heaven.   Around .25 so far

Can only laugh at myself.  It skipped right over us.  It rained for maybe 2 min.  Congrats on your haul. 

Radar has been looking good and then it splits. I would almost think it's winter pattern :lol:

Getting even drier here if that is possible. 

2 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Radar has been looking good and then it splits. I would almost think it's winter pattern :lol:

Getting even drier here if that is possible. 

Its been a terrible summer for guessing local conditions based on radar.  One almost wants to be looking dry up until 15 min before show time.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Check out storms by Pittsburgh.   We aren’t done yet 

Oh I think I am getting some rain today (tonight probably).  Itstraining time has put his backing behind it as has the HRRR.  But radar weather guessing has been terrible this summer.   Looking at the latest HRRR it did an incredible job predicting that imminent rain would fail before getting here.  Looks good for your area as well at about 1/4". 

image.png.ab0d8b4a47593a40a9a2937c52a77ac6.png

Line came together too late for us in Tamaqua. The sun is actually trying to come back out up here. Allentown to Reading to Lancaster look good for a nice event, though.

38 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I bet @CarlislePaWx picked up over 1/2".  Think we might get the same shortly.   The looks here are just like Mags pic from last night. 

Not quite that much.  But, a wind gust to 31 mph heralded in 0.30" of rainfall.  Looks like it's winding down now as skies are brightening.  Temp down to 71.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

@MAG5035 can’t be hating that radar look.   Rain on rain!    

A washout this afternoon, and looking like a washout this evening as well. Wettest day all summer and it couldn't have come soon enough. 

• Like 4

Just now, MAG5035 said:

A washout this afternoon, and looking like a washout this evening as well. Wettest day all summer and it couldn't have come soon enough. 

You may get more rain today than all other summer days combined.  I would only need 4-5" to do that here.