• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Euro still not gung ho on 90's next week in the LSV.  Actually matches the GFS with the same thought.    If not for the constant under forecasted highs I would wonder but probably will get there for some.   Lots of afternoon rain late week. 

Let’s hope the Euro is right.

I am so done with the heat this Summer!

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

Hit 90 once again today. I think that’s the 178th time this year. 

For me, it can’t end soon enough.

The heat really started to bother me this weekend. I had thought that I was more than used to it by now after the historic July that we just experienced. For some reason, I could not bear to be outside for more than a few minutes at a time this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

In addition to the heat, CTP is mentioning a few days of heavy showers later in the week. Could be some real hydrology issues in areas that are already water-logged. 

Everything is extreme this year, except for cold and snow :-(, so it would not surprise me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

How am I already 6 degrees ahead of you?

The Heat Waves have not been that bad West of the South Mountain range.  Not sure of the reason.    I just checked HGR's temp and they are at 84 so fairly consistent with what I have here.   I do not have any facts in front of me but believe it has been over a week since we hit 90.  

Edit it is up to 83 here now at noon :-)

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Heat Waves have not been that bad West of the South Mountain range.  Not sure of the reason.    I just checked HGR's temp and they are at 84 so fairly consistent with what I have here.   I do not have any facts in front of me but believe it has been over a week since we hit 90.

You would sort of think it would be hotter where the weather has been drier...apparently not. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You would sort of think it would be hotter where the weather has been drier...apparently not. 

Our lows have been consistently lower as well.  That last week in July we got well into the 60's most mornings and I do not think MDT ever got into the 60's. You being over 91 now is crazy. 

I always break out the Wundermaps when we talk temps.  It's interesting.  Look in the red circled area which is just to the west or along the South Mountain Chain and 83-84 is common but Lancaster has plenty of 90's but also some 83's and 84's.   I am really not sure why I have been staying so cool relative areas to my east recently.

image.thumb.png.d3bd139c93072366254a1d1504fc75e0.png

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

In addition to the heat, CTP is mentioning a few days of heavy showers later in the week. Could be some real hydrology issues in areas that are already water-logged. 

GFS mid term looks to be showing a wetter look from Thursday and beyond.  Showers hopefully give respite from the oppressive heat and could help to "cool" us off a bit as we approach the weekend. If one takes GFS verbatim, it looks downright wet and showery Thurs/Fri.  

13 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

GFS mid term looks to be showing a wetter look from Thursday and beyond.  Showers hopefully give respite from the oppressive heat and could help to "cool" us off a bit as we approach the weekend. If one takes GFS verbatim, it looks downright wet and showery Thurs/Fri.  

Yes sir, could be very soggy here in a few days. Might be an interesting month for rainfall totals with me already sitting well over 7" to date. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Bubbler86 Appreciate the temp map, it is fascinating to look at some of the town to town variations. 

BTW, there is a 94 in Lanco almost directly over where I work...

Yea, I love looking at that map.  I realize its not scientific as its home weather stations but if a trend shows up its usually right.  So you therm is registering low, eh?  LOL