• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

16 hours ago, pasnownut said:

yes, it did, but the general theme of showery weather seems to still be in the offing during that period, and that's all I'm looking at.  I dont need to see purples IMBY to see raindrops.  That's all I'm saying, and if that holds true, it is a way to beat back some heat.  

Like with others, that is a win for me.

This is interesting me.  GFS has brought back a more wet look while the EC has what I would call a suppresive look with a southern slider.  Very Winter like Precip map.  This map is total qpf through Sunday on the EC.

image.png.9563a6e4c1cfc5261fd8bdf5428dcc64.png

41 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This is interesting me.  GFS has brought back a more wet look while the EC has what I would call a suppresive look with a southern slider.  Very Winter like Precip map.  This map is total qpf through Sunday on the EC.

image.png.9563a6e4c1cfc5261fd8bdf5428dcc64.png

Parsing over trends for late week, GFS has turned back to a wetter look. 

12z yesterday

gfs_apcpn_neus_22.png

6z today.  I didnt throw in the super soaker 18z from last night, cause thered be a run on TP and boats once again.  Takeaway, showery times ahead, and even throught mid week, temp busts are likely to be had where the low level clouds insulate us from the bright ball in the sky.  

gfs_apcpn_neus_19.png

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Where exactly the cold front stalls and sets up a boundary for waves of low pressure to run along it will separate the Haves from the Have Nots, as Bubbler so eloquently says. 

That setup helps explain why the EC looks like a slider. 

EC has a Big Bertha Blocking high making the big difference.  Perfect setup for a surprise Northern jump in a winter scenario.

Just now, Superstorm said:

Yeah, east of mountains, you can still sneak a 90 or two well into September. Downsloping winds ain’t our friend.

No doubt to both you and @Itstrainingtime but if just going by long range  modeling the heat is scoured out of our area of the world (even down to VA) for weeks so it can certainly hit 90 in Sept or Oct even but its possible it does not get there again as well if we have a cool fall.   I am not punting 90's but after this string of heat the apparent lack of 90's through mid term is fairly significant.    EC and GFS could be totally wrong too.  

8 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Yeah, east of mountains, you can still sneak a 90 or two well into December. Downsloping winds ain’t our friend.

Looks like the latest that MU has hit 90 was on October 7th, 2007. A few mid 80s in November over the years and the warmest it's been in December was 78 on December 5th, 2001. (though we reached 76 on December 29th, 1988!)

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

Big Ten officially cancels fall sports - hoping to try again in spring.

Pac 12 news conference this afternoon likely for the same. 

Here is a big reason the ACC is not cancelling as of now

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29639609/acc-medical-expert-says-fall-football-season-played-safely

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I don’t see any school president wanting to expose the university to a lawsuit when a player suffers serious medical issues. I think it’s all a legality issue. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

I don’t see any school president wanting to expose the university to a lawsuit when a player suffers serious medical issues. I think it’s all a legality issue. 

You are correct on the lawsuits no doubt. I think it is sad that the whole NCAA is not on the same page in these conferences. As with this Virus and what we saw with everything else every medical experts have their opinion with it. They are putting the players and coaching in the middle of it. And to play in the spring now? If I am a top NFL draft pick why would I play. I wouldn't. Just another sad 2020. 

9 minutes ago, paweather said:

You are correct on the lawsuits no doubt. I think it is sad that the whole NCAA is not on the same page in these conferences. As with this Virus and what we saw with everything else every medical experts have their opinion with it. They are putting the players and coaching in the middle of it. And to play in the spring now? If I am a top NFL draft pick why would I play. I wouldn't. Just another sad 2020. 

That's what Micah Parsons said almost word for word...

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's what Micah Parsons said almost word for word...

Yeah whether you agree or not about canceling in the fall to try and play in the spring these NFL talented players would definitely not do it. Now you have the SEC and ACC medical experts saying it is safe to play in the fall so they may play yet. I am so disappointed not to see Parsons play again for PSU! But I respect and fully understand his decision. I would do the same.