• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

On 7/11/2020 at 11:23 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

My wife is unable to go back to work for awhile as foreclosures are delayed until at least Aug 19th and likely longer. Really hoping they extend the UI benefits even if they slash the $600 in half.

Regular UI benefits extended 20 weeks..

UPDATE: The Extended Benefits (EB) program is now in effect in NYS.

Thanks to the Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) & EB programs, New Yorkers receiving traditional UI are now eligible for up to 59 weeks of benefits – up from 26 weeks before the pandemic. Details: https://on.ny.gov/peuceb

In addition, under federal law, those receiving Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) are now eligible for up to 46 weeks of benefits in NYS – up from the original 39 weeks.

More information:
–To be eligible for EB, you must first exhaust all 26 weeks of traditional UI and all 13 weeks of PEUC benefits and continue to be unemployed.

–Alternatively, if your benefit year for UI expired after July 1, 2019, and you received 13 weeks of PEUC, you may be eligible for EB.

–New Yorkers who qualify for these programs do not have to reapply – just continue to certify weekly.

–If your benefit year has expired, you must file a new claim. The system will advise you if you are in this situation.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Pretty much as advertised Dave..My girl actually just bought a couple more lol It's been helping her with soreness and tightness in her calf, she hasn't had to use an asthma inhaler since she started earthing.. Even works good on toothaches using the patches..I have been sleeping like a baby lol Much less Anxiety as well..Some sort of voodoo magic going on.. Actually honest to God, in-laws just came up and the mother has some sort of disc issue in her back, she had to lay in the car the whole ride up since she's having trouble sitting up, took 1 hour for her to become a believer lol They went and bought a pair before they could even make it back to the hotel, she sat up comfortably the entire ride home..She said even her chiropractor was surprised on how much less pain she was in since last appointment...Hmmmm..

Sounds too convincing to be a placebo effect.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yes, very promising. This is also the new mRNA-based vaccine as well. Will be really interesting to see the efficacy of this vs. the traditional vaccines.

• Like 1

Cool website to keep track of all the vaccines and their stages. The 2 more promising.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

A vaccine in development by the British-Swedish company AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford is based on a chimpanzee adenovirus called ChAdOx1. The vaccine is in a Phase II/III trial in England and Phase III trials in Brazil and South Africa. The project may deliver emergency vaccines by October. In June, AstraZeneca said their total manufacturing capacity stands at two billion doses.

Moderna was the first American company to put a vaccine into human trials.The vaccine uses messenger RNA (mRNA for short) to produce viral proteins. Moderna published promising Phase I results on July 14. Phase III trials are set to begin July 27, and the company hopes to have vaccine doses ready by early 2021.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 10:01 AM, wolfie09 said:

Pretty much as advertised Dave..My girl actually just bought a couple more lol It's been helping her with soreness and tightness in her calf, she hasn't had to use an asthma inhaler since she started earthing.. Even works good on toothaches using the patches..I have been sleeping like a baby lol Much less Anxiety as well..Some sort of voodoo magic going on.. Actually honest to God, in-laws just came up and the mother has some sort of disc issue in her back, she had to lay in the car the whole ride up since she's having trouble sitting up, took 1 hour for her to become a believer lol They went and bought a pair before they could even make it back to the hotel, she sat up comfortably the entire ride home..She said even her chiropractor was surprised on how much less pain she was in since last appointment...Hmmmm..

Awesome. I want to try. Which one do you suggest? 
My only issue might be having to run an actual ground to one of my outlets. House was built in 1950 and has 110 with just a hot and a common to most of the outlets. I’ve upgraded in many parts of the house but not in the bedroom yet. Perhaps it’s time? Or I could run an extension cord. 

37 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Water is a good ground (I think). This might explain why people (me) feel better when they are in or near water. Just a thought. 

Yes sir..

The simplest way to be grounded is to go outside and place your bare feet or hands on some grass or earth, or to immerse yourself in a body of conductive water such as the sea or a mineral-rich lake.

When indoors, an Earth connection can be made by driving a metal rod into the ground outside, running a wire from the rod, and then connecting it to ourselves.

44 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Awesome. I want to try. Which one do you suggest? 
My only issue might be having to run an actual ground to one of my outlets. House was built in 1950 and has 110 with just a hot and a common to most of the outlets. I’ve upgraded in many parts of the house but not in the bedroom yet. Perhaps it’s time? Or I could run an extension cord. 

I bought this one from earthing.com

Most conductive parts of the body are the soles of the feet and palms of the hands..You will almost definitely feel a warm tingling sensation which is normal..Each person is different on how they react, more is not always better lol 

Screenshot_20200716-192055.png

https://www.earthing.com/products/universal-mat-kit

• Like 1

Major League Baseball released its latest COVID-19 testing report on Friday, and after a rocky beginning that saw delayed testing and results, there are reasons to be encouraged. MLB carried out a lot of tests, and just a handful of players tested positive over the past week.

The latest numbers

In a press release, MLB revealed it had collected 10,548 samples from players and staff, and that six of those samples tested positive for COVID-19 (0.05 percent). Five were players, and one was a staff member. There was also a five-day stretch over the past week during which no new positives were recorded.

Since the start of intake testing on June 27, MLB has collected 21,701 total samples. 93 of those have tested positive for COVID-19, which is a 0.4 percent positivity rate. 80 are players, and 13 are staff members.

Overall, these numbers are positive. But there are several figures that MLB failed to provide which would add some much-needed context to these numbers. MLB only gave the number of samples collected, but did not reveal how many people were tested and how many times they were tested.

Six positives out of 10,548 total samples certainly looks good, but since players are being tested multiple times per week, what does that mean in terms of people? That info would certainly make these numbers a lot more real.

Players deserve credit

While it appears that MLB’s testing program is running smoother than it was a few weeks ago, the biggest takeaway is that players seem to be taking social distancing seriously. Despite several players testing positive since the start of spring training 2.0, there have been no massive team-wide outbreaks. For example, New York Yankees closer Aroldis Champman tested positive on July 11, after he’d reported to Yankee Stadium for workouts, but there hasn’t yet been a spike in positive tests on the Yankees.

The players deserve all the credit for that. MLB can set the rules, but they only work if the players follow them. Players seem to be taking social distancing and hygiene rules seriously, which is a good sign as real games approach.

44 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

My buddies symptoms went away for a day and now they're back and worst then ever. 7 days with no covid test results. 

That reminds me of the illness in the Stand.

Where did he go for a test? My wife had her results in 24 hours, went to the place out in front of walmart on walden. I think Quest was running it.

11 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

That reminds me of the illness in the Stand.

Where did he go for a test? My wife had her results in 24 hours, went to the place out in front of walmart on walden. I think Quest was running it.

He is in San Diego. The testing in California is backed up for 10-14 days. He is a medical scientist for a large pharma company there. 

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic