• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

From someone in the central PA thread. This is part of my anger with lack of testing. 

“I just read on my twitter feed a person who's friend that was 25 died from COVID-19 and they said how walking a little made them feel like they ran a mile. They ended up dying after being denied testing and not considered a priority because they didn't meet the criteria for testing despite having every single symptom and being extremely sick. The people said they couldn't prove they were around someone that had Covid so they were denied. Extremely sad.

Keep an eye on your family member. This 25 yo went into cardiac arrest after not getting to a hospital after 2 weeks. People who are young think they're invincible from this but I'm young and pretty worried. Well tbh I'm petrified of giving this to my parents or grandparents.“

2 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

From someone in the central PA thread. This is part of my anger with lack of testing. 

“I just read on my twitter feed a person who's friend that was 25 died from COVID-19 and they said how walking a little made them feel like they ran a mile. They ended up dying after being denied testing and not considered a priority because they didn't meet the criteria for testing despite having every single symptom and being extremely sick. The people said they couldn't prove they were around someone that had Covid so they were denied. Extremely sad.

Keep an eye on your family member. This 25 yo went into cardiac arrest after not getting to a hospital after 2 weeks. People who are young think they're invincible from this but I'm young and pretty worried. Well tbh I'm petrified of giving this to my parents or grandparents.“

I hate being a cynic but this sounds fake. I cant find anything on a 25 year old dying from covid-19. The only young healthy death I've found in a wealthy nation is a 21 year old girl from the UK. Not saying it definitely didn't happen, I just don't trust something that seems like an outlier only posted to Twitter. Also not saying to not take this seriously, but panicking helps nothing.

I'm seeing posts on FB that local college (Suny Morrisville) has allowed it's students (many from the city downstate) to come back

to school to pack up their belongings.  sort of makes you wonder who decided that was ok in a State run school...

2 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

I hate being a cynic but this sounds fake. I cant find anything on a 25 year old dying from covid-19. The only young healthy death I've found in a wealthy nation is a 21 year old girl from the UK. Not saying it definitely didn't happen, I just don't trust something that seems like an outlier only posted to Twitter. Also not saying to not take this seriously, but panicking helps nothing.

Here is an official breakdown of all cases by age

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm

14.3–20.8% hospitalization is quite high for age 20-44 demographic. I wonder what it is for the flu? I've never gone to the hospital when I've had the flu, either has my wife. This is the reason everyone was so worried about our hospitals being overrun. Hospitals already run at 80% capacity. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Here is an official breakdown of all cases by age

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm

14.3–20.8% hospitalization is quite high for age 20-44 demographic. I wonder what it is for the flu? This is the reason everyone was so worried about our hospitals being overrun. Hospitals already run at 80% capacity. 

Thank you for posting.

That data show that in the US only one person between the ages of 20-44 has died. I'm betting its not the 25 year old mentioned on twitter...

1 minute ago, Luke_Mages said:

Thank you for posting.

That data show that in the US only one person between the ages of 20-44 has died. I'm betting its not the 25 year old mentioned on twitter...

Yeah we should honestly only be using CDC numbers. So much false information is spread around at a time like this. The Boston post is worrisome though. If that starts happening in every city due to not having the correct gear, we are going to have some serious issues. My medical professional friends have been reusing their m 95 masks since this all started. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That 49 year old healthy nurse I posted last night had asthma. I was diagnosed with asthma when I was around 10/11, but haven't had an attack in over a decade. I think I grew out of it, if that's even possible. 

Being a gym rat probably helped. Increased cardiovascular capacity makes life way easier on your lungs.

Really sad news about that nurse, that's way too young. 

35 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Being a gym rat probably helped. Increased cardiovascular capacity makes life way easier on your lungs.

Really sad news about that nurse, that's way too young. 

Yeah this no gym thing is killing me. I don't have a home gym so have been going for a 2-4 mile run each day after work outside. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah we should honestly only be using CDC numbers. So much false information is spread around at a time like this. The Boston post is worrisome though. If that starts happening in every city due to not having the correct gear, we are going to have some serious issues. My medical professional friends have been reusing their m 95 masks since this all started. 

I wonder if there is a way to sterilize a once used mask again?

55 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I think the number of cases really skews the ratios of hospitalization and death rate. I've been beating this drum for about a week now and Syrmax brought it up yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I think the number of cases really skews the ratios of hospitalization and death rate. I've been beating this drum for about a week now and Syrmax brought it up yesterday. 

As I already said. You can only base a disease mortality rate on symptoms. Impossible to do otherwise. All diseases throughout history are based on actual reported cases due to symptoms. Why would we change it with this virus? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

@Luke_Mages

From NE forum.

For dendrite-updating on 31 year old friend of a friend.who was on a ventilator with IV hydroxychloroquine.  Transferred to MGH due to seizures and uncontrollable BP.  No underlying health issues-fit non smoking 31 year old.  So far fighting for her life and still with us.

One of the listed rare side effects of hydroxychloroquine is seizures and cardiovascular myopathy :(

• Sad 2

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic