• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

OSWEGO COUNTY – According to the Oswego County Health Department, as of 3 p.m. today, there have been five additional case of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) since yesterday. The total is now 15 across the county.

COVID-19 cases have been identified in the cities of Fulton and Oswego and the towns of Palermo, Constantia, Hastings, Richland, Schroeppel and West Monroe.  The ages of infected range from a young child to senior citizens and include people in their 20s, 30s, 50s and 60s. Where appropriate, other family members and contacts have also been placed in mandatory quarantine or mandatory isolation.

6 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

OSWEGO COUNTY – According to the Oswego County Health Department, as of 3 p.m. today, there have been five additional case of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) since yesterday. The total is now 15 across the county.

COVID-19 cases have been identified in the cities of Fulton and Oswego and the towns of Palermo, Constantia, Hastings, Richland, Schroeppel and West Monroe.  The ages of infected range from a young child to senior citizens and include people in their 20s, 30s, 50s and 60s. Where appropriate, other family members and contacts have also been placed in mandatory quarantine or mandatory isolation.

It's definitely spreading throughout almost all communities across New York state now. Looks like it is more concentrated in the southern part of Oswego county, but working its way north and east.

https://socpa.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/7bd218bc8be04b209c0b80a83fc2eba5

Onondaga jumped up quickly since yesterday morning. 70 some new cases and almost to 200 infected. Clay/Cicero seems to be a hotspot, so not surprised at all with southern Oswego county.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WesterlyWx said:

Maybe now all these people screaming its no worse then the flu will stop with their non sense. 

My wife just found out that a friend is in a local ICU on a ventilator. Public school teacher, 40 years old, healthy and with no pre-existing conditions. Two kids.

• Sad 3

30 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Not surprising, people in Fulton need to go to Syracuse to get their fix, I actually thought it would be worse by now..

Well, as we've seen, it seems that once it gets into the 100s, cases start popping up very quickly. With so much of the shopping being in Clay, and a higher number count there, I will stay away from there. So close to home. I may go to the Aldi over in Bville this week. Not as dense of a population over that way.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Typical confrontational New Yorkers. lol

I have witnessed SO many people in the Syracuse area yelling at each other (random strangers) about trivial things the past couple weeks. This whole situation is adding so much stress to a population that is already high-strung and wound-up.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Typical confrontational New Yorkers. lol

I have witnessed SO many people in the Syracuse area yelling at each other (random strangers) about trivial things the past couple weeks. This whole situation is adding so much stress to a population that is already high-strung and wound-up.

I want to lash out at some people on local social media. Mainly the busybodies that can't mind their own f*cking business in the best of times.. and at the "corona deniers". But I've held my tongue.  No need to create additional shitstorms now. Afterwards.. the knives can come out. ;)

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

It's definitely spreading throughout almost all communities across New York state now. Looks like it is more concentrated in the southern part of Oswego county, but working its way north and east.

https://socpa.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/7bd218bc8be04b209c0b80a83fc2eba5

Onondaga jumped up quickly since yesterday morning. 70 some new cases and almost to 200 infected. Clay/Cicero seems to be a hotspot, so not surprised at all with southern Oswego county.

Part of the problem is we don't know how much has been  "spread" versus a function of increased testing rates, presuming that it's probably been around at some level for longer than we realize.

3 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Bring gloves to the store...things you touch, like self scanning guns at checkouts and door handles are prime locations to transmit...masks, i dunno. If you stay far enough away from others we should be ok from what I've read.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I want to lash out at some people on local social media. Mainly the busybodies that can't mind their own f*cking business in the best of times.. and at the "corona deniers". But I've held my tongue.  No need to create additional shitstorms now. Afterwards.. the knives can come out. ;)

Ha! There are definitely a couple trolls on the Bville FB pages. There's one dude who is mocking all the people who are upset about the people who were partying in the parking lot at Radisson the other day.

6 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Part of the problem is we don't know how much has been  "spread" versus a function of increased testing rates, presuming that it's probably been around at some level for longer than we realize.

Very true...I was thinking about that as well. Regardless, it shows that there are definitely more people who have it.

3 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Bring gloves to the store...things you touch, like self scanning guns at checkouts and door handles are prime locations to transmit...masks, i dunno. If you stay far enough away from others we should be ok from what I've read.

I mostly do Aldi. So there it is disinfecting the cart and quarters. If I go at 10 am, it is usually reaaaaally quiet then. Thanks for the tips!

• Like 1

President Donald Trump on Sunday extended the national social-distancing guidelines aimed at fighting the coronavirus pandemic to April 30, a month longer than initially scheduled and well past the Easter goal he had set for "opening up our country.'

Trump said Sunday the White House task force would be sharing further data and finalized plans Tuesday, and that he expects by June 1, “we will be well on our way to recovery

11 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

It's hard to practice social distancing on Mass Transit in NYC lol I have spent the majority of my life riding the subway and it's not fun :thumbsdown:

I hate NYC

I wish I lived near the mountains

8 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Stay safe as you can. I worry about my son in the Navy. There's only so much they can do.. 

Thanks. Over 50 cops where I work are sick.

4 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

President Donald Trump on Sunday extended the national social-distancing guidelines aimed at fighting the coronavirus pandemic to April 30, a month longer than initially scheduled and well past the Easter goal he had set for "opening up our country.'

Trump said Sunday the White House task force would be sharing further data and finalized plans Tuesday, and that he expects by June 1, “we will be well on our way to recovery

I think this will be extended into May.

• Like 1

Majority of people that are contracting this disease are "person to person", so if we practice good social distancing and keep our hands away from our face (until we sanitize) , we will be fine..

I've made it a habit not to touch my face anymore lol I 

I went to the gas station yesterday, in and out in 2 minutes, stayed the hell away from the one customer and wore gloves...Once I got out, disposed of the gloves, used hand sanitizer, washed hands and no face touching..Now at home I have nothing to worry about..

• Like 1

This a great 7 minute video on exponential growth and a really nice way they have found to graph it that exposes when exponential growth slows and begins to move linearly.  I highly recommend giving it a watch.

https://digg.com/video/coronavirus-exponential-growth-graph?fbclid=IwAR3EG6jWfBL-RDk-DWTbWBwtp62W37WLz7L9a1S6rBjz-UDseqNXR6nIOuM

Using their technique, it would appear Italy is close to slowing this thing down while the US is a rocket ship.
https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/?fbclid=IwAR3vFckAwNVY8YFm7bFjHLPB-AgEOQDMnz0YpnCeHRE27wWOVftYB_qjxVU

• Like 2

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic