Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,917
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    kpreston025
    Newest Member
    kpreston025
    Joined

Coronavirus


Chicago Storm
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This is the best news I've heard in awhile. I have a few anti vaxxer friends with seasons. I bet they are going to get counterfeit passports. Anyway to prevent that from happening? Similar to fake ids. 

I'm surprised they're not allowing the option of being tested. Of course some states are banning vaccine passports completely, but for ones that will allow them most of the talk for big venues is that they'll give the option of providing a negative test. This with the Buffalo Bills doesn't seem fair at all because there are people that can't be vaccinated for medical reasons. It's ridiculous if they don't allow the negative test option. Terrible that people will be excluded. Talk about discrimination.

Hopefully they will not go this far for the venues that I go to, Citi Field and Madison Square Garden. So far all indications are that they will continue to allow the negative test option for those venues. If that changes, I might be forced to get vaccinated. Although I am still considering vaccination anyway, despite all my talk here that I would be concerned about taking the tiny risk of vaccination causing some kind of reaction. I could get the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine and tell them they have to watch me for a half hour rather than the 15 minutes, since I have a history of bad allergic reactions. I might do this if it looks as if there's gonna be discrimination against non vaccinated people, but I am ok with large venues requiring vaccination as long as they also allow the negative test option.

Let me also say that I find it pretty funny that Bills QB Josh Allen says he might not want a vaccine and doesn't believe in any kind of vaccine mandate, yet a vaccine mandate is going to be in place for Bills fans. I'm sure he's not too happy about this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Malacka11 said:

It's true though. Infectious diseases literally evolve to infect you -to use your body as a host- and you think eating your veggies will stop a severe disease from rocking your world?

Look, my statement was a bit hyperbolized. Of course, being healthy is a must. Obviously, fat people will die at far greater rates from most diseases. But there comes a certain point on the healthiness scale, where no matter how much good food you eat, it won't help you any more. Your immune system is either impaired, or it isn't. And sure, exercise will lead to greater amounts of immune factors and all that, but all the same, it irks me when people say that eating right and being healthy will save you. It won't. 

But evidence has shown that for a lot of people it will, right? Not just diet and exercise, but the benefits of that, considered obesity is the number one comorbidity of covid? I’m not saying people should exercise instead of getting the vaccine. But there would be a lot less dead people from Covid in the western world if there a lot less fat people.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Let me also say that I find it pretty funny that Bills QB Josh Allen says he might not want a vaccine and doesn't believe in any kind of vaccine mandate, yet a vaccine mandate is going to be in place for Bills fans. I'm sure he's not too happy about this.

Now that's something I have an issue with. Two different sets of rules...

Hopefully, if the fans are mandated to be vaccinated, the players are as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

But evidence has shown that for a lot of people it will, right? Not just diet and exercise, but the benefits of that, considered obesity is the number one comorbidity of covid? I’m not saying people should exercise instead of getting the vaccine. But there would be a lot less dead people from Covid in the western world if there a lot less fat people.  

I think I'm conveying my point very poorly here. I agree that being a healthy weight will definitely help you out. But when people say that eating healthy and exercising are the equivalent of medical healthcare -as in, you can simply rely on eating and exercising to stave off diseases- that's just stupid. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Now that's something I have an issue with. Two different sets of rules...

Hopefully, if the fans are mandated to be vaccinated, the players are as well. 

The NFL has already said that players will not be mandated to get the vaccine. So what Buffalo is doing is very unfair. They should at least give the option of providing a negative test for fans that are not vaccinated.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

The NFL has already said that players will not be mandated to get the vaccine. So what Buffalo is doing is very unfair. They should at least give the option of providing a negative test for fans that are not vaccinated.

Yeah, that's some BS. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

I think I'm conveying my point very poorly here. I agree that being a healthy weight will definitely help you out. But when people say that eating healthy and exercising are the equivalent of medical healthcare -as in, you can simply rely on eating and exercising to stave off diseases- that's just stupid. 

Eating healthy and exercising does help stave off many medical diseases ... that is medical fact. Even Covid. I posted a new study here yesterday that showed that people that were normal body weight and had high levels of good HDL cholesterol caught Covid at lower rates than people that were obese and had type 2 diabetes. I certainly am not suggesting that most people should not get the Covid vaccine. Covid is here and majority of people in this country are at high risk (heck 70% of people are overweight/obese). It's very important for most people to get vaccinated. I'm just saying that for people that have to wait to get vaccinated or plan to not get vaccinated, getting into better shape is critical to reduce risk. The first Covid wave last spring was an unexpected shock, but if people had put in effort to get into better shape over the summer there certainly would have been many less deaths during the Covid wave during the Fall/Winter. We know for a fact that being obese is the #1 Covid death risk factor, other than being elderly. People that eat healthy and exercise get severely ill and die from Covid at much lower rates, so it's an important thing to do. Of course it's important for many other things as well, like preventing heart disease.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Let me also say that I find it pretty funny that Bills QB Josh Allen says he might not want a vaccine and doesn't believe in any kind of vaccine mandate, yet a vaccine mandate is going to be in place for Bills fans. I'm sure he's not too happy about this.

He's already suffering from CTE. RIP.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After all my talk of of how important it is to eat healthy and exercise, I'm leaving now to go to The Cheesecake Factory to eat dinner and dessert. LOL. But yes, you can cheat once a week or so as long as you eat healthy most of the time. I'm not a believer in being overly strict with diet ... you have to enjoy some unhealthy foods from time to time!  Everyone have a swell night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

I'm not afraid of contracting the disease because I already had it and it had almost no impact on me. All I had was a scratchy throat, a slight headache and a little congestion. So I'm not a dumbass ... I already know how my body reacted to the virus. Both my cardiologist and primary care doctor told me my chance of getting severely ill from Covid is almost zero because my heart/lungs and immune system are much stronger than average people. My resting heart rate is 36, which is very rare, and my cardiologist told me that my heart and lungs are stronger than most 18 year old athletes even though I'm in my 40s. Different runners have different fitness levels. Not all runners are extremely fit. Some have lower to moderate moderate fitness levels. Don't act as if you know what everyone's risk level is.

So yes, I am more worried about the vaccine than I am of Covid. And I'd rather die from being struck by lightning than a blood clot from a vaccine. When you take a vaccine you're doing something that's supposed to protect you, so imagine dying from it instead. To me that's the worst type of tragedy there is, except for being murdered. So I am not ok with even the tiniest chance of something happening from the vaccine. I do all this work (exercise) to keep myself in top shape, so I'd much rather rely on the natural protection. If I wasn't at extremely low Covid risk, I'm sure I would feel differently and get the vaccine. These vaccines are a great thing. I just think the very small percentage of people that are at super low Covid risk due to being athletes can not get the vaccine and it can be considered a reasonable decision. A lot of baseball teams right now are having a hard time getting to 85% vaccination which would take away restrictions. That's because there are plenty of athletes like me that don't want the vaccine. The decision should be respected.

Enough with your resting heart rate bullshit, even if any of this is true, Covid doesn't care and you could easily get extremely sick. Just because you think you are healthy doesn't my you are superhuman. I get tired of you bringing up your personal heart rate as if that is a way to wash away your terrible positions with respect to covid. You have been doing this now for months and it is just as stupid now as it was then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stebo said:

Enough with your resting heart rate bullshit, even if any of this is true, Covid doesn't care and you could easily get extremely sick. Just because you think you are healthy doesn't my you are superhuman. I get tired of you bringing up your personal heart rate as if that is a way to wash away your terrible positions with respect to covid. You have been doing this now for months and it is just as stupid now as it was then.

Pot meet kettle

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m just going to leave this right here, I don’t care who I offend anymore, but you all need to start asking yourself what is more important long term. Long term as in the economy, suicide rate, drug rate, child abuse rate, children socially, and academically. This virus Has a very very high survival rate among humans with no underlying conditions, and the majority of us under 65 will be absolutely fine. 
 

You want the government to tell you how to live your life, but yet the government ignores their own draconian measures. Long term the inflation from the trillions upon trillions we have spent are going to be devastating. 
 

How any of you feel like shutting down a multi  trillion economy AGAIN is beneficial is baffling  to me. 

  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chambana said:

I’m just going to leave this right here, I don’t care who I offend anymore, but you all need to start asking yourself what is more important long term. Long term as in the economy, suicide rate, drug rate, child abuse rate, children socially, and academically. This virus Has a very very high survival rate among humans with no underlying conditions, and the majority of us under 65 will be absolutely fine. 
 

You want the government to tell you how to live your life, but yet the government ignores their own draconian measures. Long term the inflation from the trillions upon trillions we have spent are going to be devastating. 
 

How any of you feel like shutting down a multi  trillion economy AGAIN is beneficial is baffling  to me. 

1140-covid-cases-deaths-by-age.imgcache.

20.4% of the deaths were under 65, and 85.1% of all cases were under 65 plus we have no idea of the long term ramifications of Covid, but by all means keep acting like it is no big deal

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, WaryWarren said:

He's already suffering from CTE. RIP.

Nah. Growing up on a cantaloupe farm will do that to you lol. Its fine. I'd rather he be a bit more pro vaccine but he mostly took a neutral milquetoast position. Perhaps he wants to make sure that he doesn't offend anyway and sell merchandise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Chambana said:

I’m just going to leave this right here, I don’t care who I offend anymore, but you all need to start asking yourself what is more important long term. Long term as in the economy, suicide rate, drug rate, child abuse rate, children socially, and academically. This virus Has a very very high survival rate among humans with no underlying conditions, and the majority of us under 65 will be absolutely fine. 
 

You want the government to tell you how to live your life, but yet the government ignores their own draconian measures. Long term the inflation from the trillions upon trillions we have spent are going to be devastating. 
 

How any of you feel like shutting down a multi  trillion economy AGAIN is beneficial is baffling  to me. 

Though many refuse to hear it, this is true.  Those that love all of the restrictions are just afraid that their lives will go back to be boring after everything is over.  They enjoy telling others how to live their lives.  

  • Weenie 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Chambana said:

I’m just going to leave this right here, I don’t care who I offend anymore, but you all need to start asking yourself what is more important long term. Long term as in the economy, suicide rate, drug rate, child abuse rate, children socially, and academically. This virus Has a very very high survival rate among humans with no underlying conditions, and the majority of us under 65 will be absolutely fine. 
 

You want the government to tell you how to live your life, but yet the government ignores their own draconian measures. Long term the inflation from the trillions upon trillions we have spent are going to be devastating. 
 

How any of you feel like shutting down a multi  trillion economy AGAIN is beneficial is baffling  to me. 

Not so fast. It should noted that over half of the hospitalizations in Brazil are 40 and under.  If that variant takes off here this forth wave could be the worst one yet because so many of our youth have yet to be vaccinated 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Though many refuse to hear it, this is true.  Those that love all of the restrictions are just afraid that their lives will go back to be boring after everything is over.  They enjoy telling others how to live their lives.  

That is a terrible lie:banned:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

I think that’s his point 

Sure. I feel like the county would have a real tough time trying to exert its influence over a NFL team in that way. The NFLPA would probably complain and take them to court. 

I dont know the rules and the legal but requiring a vaccine to play for the Bills (especially under an EUA) might be a bit different than requiring one for attending a game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...