Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,780
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Avon
    Newest Member
    Avon
    Joined

Coronavirus


Chicago Storm
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Vaccines are literally going into arms right now at amazing rates. COVID will slow down a lot in the next few months. Because of the vaccine distribution, there's a huge advantage right now in preventing needless infections and deaths. 

There is still a huge segment of the population that refuses to get vaccinated thus the virus will still have plenty of host to mutate in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Are you vaccinated? Are they vaccinated? If not, that shows what kind of friend you are, willing to risk giving your friends a deadly virus because you won’t get vaccinated.

His friends get to choose if they want to see him or not. 

I am honestly starting to think a lot of you act this way to justify all the time you spend by yourselves anyways. 

  • Weenie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OSUmetstud said:

Idk how huge it is. We'll see. I think in the end it will be less than 30%. 

Easily. This is the same as people who were ranting about nobody wearing masks.... when everybody was wearing masks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

His friends get to choose if they want to see him or not. 

I am honestly starting to think a lot of you act this way to justify all the time you spend by yourselves anyways. 

You’re right. It probably doesn’t happen all that often anyway, they probably usually “have other plans.”

Edit: I almost forgot to add, why do I need to justify the time I spend by myself? I post a lot on weather forums so I know that makes me unquestionably cool.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

You struggle with common sense and compassion for your fellow Americans 

Then use your words to educate me instead of "facepalming" or "wow"ing every post I make you don't agree with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is amusing seeing the different tactics used by the hardcore pro vaxers.  There's been "the blood will be on your hands when this mutates!",  and " all the cool kids are doing it" now "it's common sense." :clap:

  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dta1984 said:

It is amusing seeing the different tactics used by the hardcore pro vaxers.  There's been "the blood will be on your hands when this mutates!",  and " all the cool kids are doing it" now "it's common sense." :clap:

If any of these are extremist tactics, then what do you call pretty much all of the arguments against getting the vaccine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

It is amusing seeing the different tactics used by the hardcore pro vaxers.  There's been "the blood will be on your hands when this mutates!",  and " all the cool kids are doing it" now "it's common sense." :clap:

Or the trifecta, all three at once. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dta1984 said:

It is amusing seeing the different tactics used by the hardcore pro vaxers.  There's been "the blood will be on your hands when this mutates!",  and " all the cool kids are doing it" now "it's common sense." :clap:

Give it a ****ing rest. You're the only person that regularly posts in this thread lately that's anti vax. You have absolutely no self-awareness. You're the odd-ball, not the rest of us. There is literally a worldwide public health campaign to vaccinate the population. ****ing weirdo. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This won't help vaccine hesitancy. First they lied about the effectiveness and now this. Europe is going to be quite a bit behind the US as this was one of their primary vaccines. 

Clear link between AstraZeneca vaccine and rare blood clots in brain, EMA official tells paper

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-astrazeneca-vaccin/clear-link-between-astrazeneca-vaccine-and-rare-blood-clots-in-brain-ema-official-tells-paper-idUSKBN2BT1ER?utm_source=reddit.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TimB84 said:

If any of these are extremist tactics, then what do you call pretty much all of the arguments against getting the vaccine?

I call those, their decision.  Unless it's mandatory, do what you please.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dta1984 said:

I call those, their decision.  Unless it's mandatory, do what you please.

And when businesses, airlines, etc. require you to be vaccinated to set foot inside, I call that their decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Give it a ****ing rest. You're the only person that regularly posts in this thread lately that's anti vax. You have absolutely no self-awareness. You're the odd-ball, not the rest of us. There is literally a worldwide public health campaign to vaccinate the population. ****ing weirdo. 

Lol.  I'm not anti vax.  Thanks!  It is entertaining how worked up some of you get.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This won't help vaccine hesitancy. First they lied about the effectiveness and now this. Europe is going to be quite a bit behind the US as this was one of their primary vaccines. 

Clear link between AstraZeneca vaccine and rare blood clots in brain, EMA official tells paper

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-astrazeneca-vaccin/clear-link-between-astrazeneca-vaccine-and-rare-blood-clots-in-brain-ema-official-tells-paper-idUSKBN2BT1ER?utm_source=reddit.com

Not a fan of that particular vaccine 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

And when businesses, airlines, etc. require you to be vaccinated to set foot inside, I call that their decision.

I mean ya lol that's their decision.  Then thsoe who aren't vaccinated can take their business elsewhere I suppose.  

Same with masks.  When the mandates are lifted some businesses will keep requirements, some won't.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

lol @ defending this shit. What is wrong with you? 

@dta1984 has at least ATTEMPTED, repeatedly, to provide backing for his positions, rather than resorting to personal attacks when he doesn't have an answer. His information may be wrong or misguided sometimes, but he at least shares what he is looking at, and has allowed himself to be corrected several times, including by you.

I take issue with the "blood on your hands", anti American, "Americans are selfish" bullshit. Because it is bullshit. When somebody has to resort to personal attacks, it means they haven't actually thought through why they think the way they do about something. You haven't called out a single person spewing emotional garbage in this thread. Why? What is wrong with you?

Finally--I have a bias, because I am human. My bias is towards individual choice. I own that bias and am here defending it.

  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's delusional to think personal attacks or any other bs threats is what will convince someone to change their stance on any given subject.  Again, piss poor people skills. It's no wonder some anti covid vaxers won't change their mind.

  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, schoeppeya said:

@dta1984 has at least ATTEMPTED, repeatedly, to provide backing for his positions, rather than resorting to personal attacks when he doesn't have an answer. His information may be wrong or misguided sometimes, but he at least shares what he is looking at, and has allowed himself to be corrected several times, including by you.

I take issue with the "blood on your hands", anti American, "Americans are selfish" bullshit. Because it is bullshit. When somebody has to resort to personal attacks, it means they haven't actually thought through why they think the way they do about something. You haven't called out a single person spewing emotional garbage in this thread. Why? 

Finally--I have a bias, because I am human. My bias is towards individual choice. I own that bias and am here defending it.

It's so ridiculous. What the hell is a hardcore pro-vaxer? When the hell did vaccines become so damn political? it's ****ing public health. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

@dta1984 has at least ATTEMPTED, repeatedly, to provide backing for his positions, rather than resorting to personal attacks when he doesn't have an answer. His information may be wrong or misguided sometimes, but he at least shares what he is looking at, and has allowed himself to be corrected several times, including by you.

I take issue with the "blood on your hands", anti American, "Americans are selfish" bullshit. Because it is bullshit. When somebody has to resort to personal attacks, it means they haven't actually thought through why they think the way they do about something. You haven't called out a single person spewing emotional garbage in this thread. Why? What is wrong with you?

Finally--I have a bias, because I am human. My bias is towards individual choice. I own that bias and am here defending it.

“Blood on your hands” and “Americans are selfish” are personal attacks now? You could make a case for the first, given that it does contain the word “your”, but the second doesn’t involve anything directed at a person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dta1984 said:

It's delusional to think personal attacks or any other bs threats is what will convince someone to change their stance on any given subject.  Again, piss poor people skills. It's no wonder some anti covid vaxers won't change their mind.

People have time and time again tried to attempt to show you the logic error in your arguments against the vaccines and against the masks. You are not persuadable. Your thinking is usually on the edge of conspiracy theorist.  It's been like this from the beginning. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

@dta1984 has at least ATTEMPTED, repeatedly, to provide backing for his positions, rather than resorting to personal attacks when he doesn't have an answer. His information may be wrong or misguided sometimes, but he at least shares what he is looking at, and has allowed himself to be corrected several times, including by you.

I take issue with the "blood on your hands", anti American, "Americans are selfish" bullshit. Because it is bullshit. When somebody has to resort to personal attacks, it means they haven't actually thought through why they think the way they do about something. You haven't called out a single person spewing emotional garbage in this thread. Why? What is wrong with you?

Finally--I have a bias, because I am human. My bias is towards individual choice. I own that bias and am here defending it.

I don't try pushing my views.  They are mine, and (many others for that matter).  Sure, they may seem misguided to some, but their views are misguided to others as well.  I have good sources, and actual medical professionals in the family.  Some here just rely on what ABC news or Dr fauci say.  It's whatever, agree to disagree.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...