Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2020 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

12 hours ago, S&P said:

Welcome to the Push cart mafia

:lol:.... trying to get ahead of things. My guess is when courses open back up in Ma... carts are going to be limited so I figured I should have something to make the experience better.

My buddies were back and forth on pulling the trigger getting one and now they are sold out everywhere 

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Only 2 more days until we can golf again in Maine!

Posted this in Wiz's severe thread to give him a hard time, but Maine is going with limited golf on May 1. I assume that means no sharing golf carts, but for us walkers that should mean no real changes. 

Now the fact that I haven't swung a club since early February may be more of a problem.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Posted this in Wiz's severe thread to give him a hard time, but Maine is going with limited golf on May 1. I assume that means no sharing golf carts, but for us walkers that should mean no real changes. 

Now the fact that I haven't swung a club since early February may be more of a problem.

Courses here have raised cups, no rakes, most no carts. putting at a raised cup is different, speed less important, just get it to the hole.

On 4/22/2020 at 3:27 PM, Chrisrotary12 said:

I am driving my wife crazy because all I've been doing is chipping plastic balls in the house. lol.

I do body rotation drills and fake swings indoors in plain sight. The wife is not amused.

I’m trying to get out late next week for my 40th but the weather looks pretty beat. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Snuck in 18 for my bday at Whitney Farms in Monroe. Put up an 82. Best ball striking round of my life. Had the greens been legit and not recently aerated with sand...would have cracked 70s. All those youtube videos over the winter paid off.

All downhill from here ha.

Nice. Really good.

I have tee times Sunday morning and also Monday and Friday afternoons next week.

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Nice. Really good.

I have tee times Sunday morning and also Monday and Friday afternoons next week.

Get it in man, enjoy. I’m playing next week as well. 

I think they could have spread out the tee times to every 20min instead of 10min but we rarely had to wait. Everyone seemed to play ready golf. Although the bumpy greens had a lot to do with it. I’m sure players got it within 5ft and just called it. Keeping the flags in also helps the pace of play.

56 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Snuck in 18 for my bday at Whitney Farms in Monroe. Put up an 82. Best ball striking round of my life. Had the greens been legit and not recently aerated with sand...would have cracked 70s. All those youtube videos over the winter paid off.

All downhill from here ha.

Nice.  Good round.  I always seem to play decently the first couple of times out.  I figure I forget a lot of bad habits over the winter.  They always come back though.

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Nice.  Good round.  I always seem to play decently the first couple of times out.  I figure I forget a lot of bad habits over the winter.  They always come back though.

So true. I felt them start to creep up around the 16th but I was able to fight it off. Hopefully I can keep my mind around (body turn, shift weight to front, and let it fly). As the season goes it seems like I start getting too technical and too eager to tweak this and that. I kept it simple today...need to repeat that thought process from now on.

Played last Sunday late, had a group in front of us , didnt offer to let us play through , always kills me when people can’t play quickly especially with how expeditious the game is set up now, so we just jumped ahead of them while they played a par 3. We were nice about , made sure they didnt have anyone in front of them, they didn’t as they had fallen a good 2 or 2.5 holes behind. They were pretty shitty about it when we passed . Never saw them again think they are still playing. 

BTW cups were raised but not so the cylinder was above grade. So ball rested against pin so you could remove with touching hole. A good compromise, only one put in foursome that would have been good under normal conditions that glanced off pin but didn't go in, we gave  it to him as good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S&P said:

Played last Sunday late, had a group in front of us , didnt offer to let us play through , always kills me when people can’t play quickly especially with how expeditious the game is set up now, so we just jumped ahead of them while they played a par 3. We were nice about , made sure they didnt have anyone in front of them, they didn’t as they had fallen a good 2 or 2.5 holes behind. They were pretty shitty about it when we passed . Never saw them again think they are still playing. 

BTW cups were raised but not so the cylinder was above grade. So ball rested against pin so you could remove with touching hole. A good compromise, only one put in foursome that would have been good under normal conditions that glanced off pin but didn't go in, we gave  it to him as good.

So what's the issue with reaching into the hole? Geezus 

1 hour ago, S&P said:

Yeah.... my buddies and I aren’t overly skilled so we let people pass if it comes to it, especially if they hVe less than 4, because obviously they will be faster than us.

You would think universal walking would kind of make it so everyone played at a similar pace.

22 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

So what's the issue with reaching into the hole? Geezus 

I’m with you on this boss, if we need fewer touch points to play, then I’ll put up with the silly rules. If people just washed their hands would solve most of the problems.

go somewhere else to pick a fight

4 minutes ago, S&P said:

I’m with you on this boss, if we need fewer touch points to play, then I’ll put up with the silly rules. If people just washed their hands would solve most of the problems.

go somewhere else to pick a fight

For sure, I would assume it's fun but kinda bogus. Reminds me of when we played in the back yard with red solo cups on their side, in was 1 hitting it was 2. Glad you can get out . Hopefully it warms up for you

• Like 1