• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

This season has been great on the snowfall aspect for us here in the GTA but I can tell im over winter when I dont really want another 1-3" or 2-4" either drop a widespread 8-12" or rain. Im itching for spring 50s and sun which in this area starts rearing its head in the next few weeks. I get the same feeling in late August where im tired of the 80s and want the first cool 60-70s and the 40s at night which almost always happens first couple weeks of September 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

This season has been great on the snowfall aspect for us here in the GTA but I can tell im over winter when I dont really want another 1-3" or 2-4" either drop a widespread 8-12" or rain. Im itching for spring 50s and sun which in this area starts rearing its head in the next few weeks. I get the same feeling in late August where im tired of the 80s and want the first cool 60-70s and the 40s at night which almost always happens first couple weeks of September 

Wrong answer

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Isn't that drag queen...

I honestly forgot about the leather chaps saga.

4 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Oh my word. At this point, I would rather stay in Florida until Spring than keep dealing with this muck up of a winter.

Mid 50s with 30 mph gusts here today. Actually feels pretty cold after days of mid 80s! The hoodies and winter coats are out all over.

I'm watching tennis from Delray Beach and the crowd are more bundled up than anyone I've seen all year. Chicken wusses.

• Haha 1

Sometimes I wonder about the NWS..

Since when does a closed Low over Quebec promote lake Enhancement SE of the lake? Lol

Granted they have 80% chance of snow on Wednesday-night through thursday night but the wording doesn't make much sense lol

A robust shortwave crossing the Gulf of Alaska this weekend will
dive southeast across the Intermountain West on Monday. As we
progress through the heart of the new work week...this energy will
help to carve out a deep longwave trough that is eventually forecast
to evolve into a large closed off storm system over Quebec by weeks
end. While this will support a prolonged period of unsettled
weather across our region...the trend for the resulting surface
features has been to shift to the west. This will favor more rain
for the FIRST HALF of the event Tuesday and Wednesday...then as
cold air deepens on its backside...widespread accumulating snow
can be anticipated for Thursday and Friday. While this snowfall
could result in some slick travel...SIGNIFICANT impacts will
likely be confined to the lake enhanced areas southeast of both
lakes.

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

It's really not much different than the Op as the secondary rides up the Hudson valley..Still some changes coming with this one, obviously. 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_22 (1).png

Well, what's not going to change is the lack of cold air available till the system has passed by. If thermals suck for what looks to be a best case HV track, I dont see this being a major snow producer unless wraparound actually happens, which is usually tricky. Let's go Lake Effect!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Euro was probably feet of snow east of the lakes, especially the tug, I have never seen it show 8-9 frames of pretty much the same wind flow, at least since I've been in Oswego county..

That would be the ultimate smack in my face...

Finally a WNW lake event while I am gone, and a nice over achiever...just to come home to days of 40s and rain...AND a Westerly lake effect event with all the snow just to my north.

Gaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

• Haha 1